Navigation Chip
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Navigation Chip in Cadillac SRX Forums; Hey i heard that there is a chip that changes the navigation screen into a tv. If anyone knows where ...
    escalade24 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Navigation Chip

Hey i heard that there is a chip that changes the navigation screen into a tv. If anyone knows where i can get one from.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Terpnut is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Navigation Chip

What exactly do you mean by "changes the navigation screen into a TV"? To use it as a TV, the first thing you need is an NTSC or ATSC tuner and an antenna. Not sure how this can be done on a chip.

pimpdeville is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 DTS, 2008 CTS

is you nav dvd capable ?? i'm looking for a way for my dvd to play while not in PARK.

vdo
    vdo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by pimpdeville
    ... i'm looking for a way for my dvd to play while not in PARK.
    Me too. I also want to be able to hook up an aux input to the nav screen for a rear camera.

doncapecod is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I haven't looked yet, but is there an aux port in back so I could hook up an XM radio thru the stereo system and not just thru FM?

Hacking the DVD only when parked setup would be fantastic. Would keep passenger very happy and quiet!

Terpnut is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I hope there is a "back-door" override to the "safety" features that prevent users from using many of the nav/display system's features such as routing and DVD playback. Worst-case, it is probably firmware-based so there might be an aftermarket chip that we can all replace?

riff is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I'd certainly appreciate any additional information on the topics raised here. I'd love to be able to have an AUX input for my MP3 player but my dealer knew nothing about it... If there are any 'hacks' or 'tweaks' I'd sure like to consider applying them.

JON-E-JAM is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I was reading Plush Magazine and there was an Escalade in there that has the factory navi unit in and the guy was playing a dvd movie on it. I WANT THIS SO BADILY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyone out there know how to do this mod? Oh and no one has a chip to play out of park, at this time. i used to work for Nabers Cadillac in Costa Mesa. My source said this to me weeks ago.

vdo
    vdo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by JON-E-JAM
    I was reading Plush Magazine and there was an Escalade in there that has the factory navi unit in and the guy was playing a dvd movie on it. I WANT THIS SO BADILY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyone out there know how to do this mod? Oh and no one has a chip to play out of park, at this time. i used to work for Nabers Cadillac in Costa Mesa. My source said this to me weeks ago.
    You used to work for Cadillac and you don't know the hack to watch DVDs while moving?

riff is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Any info on any inputs/outputs in the rear of the Nav system?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.