Finally made my decision----SRX
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Finally made my decision----SRX in Cadillac SRX Forums; Been monitoring the CTS and SRX forums since Oct. and I decided to go with the SRX. Been driving Blazers ...
    rusgmil is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Finally made my decision----SRX

Been monitoring the CTS and SRX forums since Oct. and I decided to go with the SRX. Been driving Blazers since 83 and I'm accustom to the rear cargo area. Also, I'm retired now and don't need the AWD any longer. If the roads are bad, I stay home! This is my first Cadillac and I'm really looking forward to it.
    Ordered a V6 with 1SD, White Diamond, XM Radio. $46995 MSRP, $42000 out the door less GM Card Earnings and any rebates or incentives at time of delivery (which will be after April 1st).
    Anyone know where I can download the SRX Navigation Manual PDF. I have the SRX Owners Manual and the Cts Nav Manual downloaded, but the face on the SRX Nav appears different.
    Also, anyone know what those little squares on the right front and left rear bumpers are for?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

miscreant is offline GM Connection

Re: Finally made my decision----SRX

Quote Originally Posted by rusgmil
    Been monitoring
    Also, anyone know what those little squares on the right front and left rear bumpers are for?
    Congrats!

Those squares are for export models. Export models have to have some kind of entry system that must be feautured outside the vehicle - (something like that)...
    2004 Cadillac CTS (**SOLD** ): http://www.ctsowners.com
    2004 Pontiac GTO: http://www.myyellowgto.com

Terpnut is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

The Nav System manual can be downloaded from mygmlink.com.

I believe the squares you are referring to are the front and rear tow hooks.

c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

Congrats on your decision. Now you just have to endure the waiting.

Terpnut, thanks for the mygmlink.com site info. I had seen it mentioned before but never looked at it. I think the small squares I was asking about would be to small for tow hooks. Its going to be a long 4 weeks waiting for my new Caddy!

doncapecod is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

You get an eyebolt with the SRX which is long enough to screw into the openings and allow for towing.

I wasn't totally sure but as my other vehicles all have the same little plastic square covers and eyebolts, I just assumed it was what the same with the SRX. BTW, how do you open/remove them anyhow? A casual push or poke on them doesn't do anything. Just curious and I'm too lazy to read the manual.

doncapecod is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I don't know either. Probably pops out. If I ever have to use it, opening it won't be my biggest problem!

Okay so I actually opened the owner's manual and the way to open the access cap is....

Nothing in the manual-still don't know how to do it. It just says to use the recovery hooks, first remove the access cap. Doesn't say how. Great manual.... :rolleyes2

riff is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Congrats It took exactly 3 weeks to have mine built and I haven't stopped smiling since. Like you I wanted a cargo area that I could fit my dog into and not worry about her making a mess of the seats.

I haven't figured out the towhooks yet either. Heck, I spent a few minutes looking for a gas door release button before figuring out that it opens by a slight push.

I really did get my new SRX in a hurry. The order was placed March 15th and it came in this morning! Thats only 9 days. Surprised my dealer too.
    It has the new combination onstar/xm antenna. Also, the nav DVD is Version 3.0, part #257677903. Just wondering if this is current since it is copyrighted 2003 by Denso Corp.
    Haven't had a chance to do much driving yet since its been pouring rain all day.

riff is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I'll check my DVD disc for you. Congrats! Hope you get to enjoy it more tomorrow. After 2 weeks in sunny Florida my SRX finally got wet today during one of the downpours. Time to wash it already.

Ok, so I checked and my DVD is also version 3.0 - if anyone ever gets one newer than that please let us know!

sgilbert is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ('04 SRX N* AWD) '11 Lincoln MKT AWD

Rusgmil,

Did your SRX come from another dealer or factory? If factory, that's FAST!! There's hope for me yet! I see you're from NW Indiana. Whereabouts? I'm in South Bend.

What does that combo antenna look like? I wanted XM, but couldn't due to the Ultraview! If they've figured it out now, I'll be Pi--ed off!!

I guess it's too late to tell you the download site for the NAV, but for others, it is:

http://www.mygmlink.com/pdf/go2conte...k04srx_nav.pdf

Yes, my SRX was ordered at Schepel Cadillac-Hummer, Merrillville, IN on March 15th and was delivered yesterday morning from Lansing,MI. I live about 25 miles south of Merrillville. Anyone living in the area looking for a great Caddy dealership, I could highly recommend Schepel.
    The combination antenna looks like XM antenna with a blade extending out about 3 inches. Think I've seen this antenna on other GM vehicles.
    Rained again all day here so I didn't get to drive it much but I can see it sure beats the Blazers I've been driving for the last 21 years.

Tiger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Flirtin' w/ an SRX...

Talking Re: Finally made my decision----SRX

CONGRATULATIONS RUSGMIL! :coolgleam

I would be very interested in hearing your impressions. I'm flirting with an SRX myself. I went and looked at them tonight for the first time...damn! What a nice vehicle. What's not to like!?!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.