Lift Kit on SRX
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Lift Kit on SRX in Cadillac SRX Forums; Has anyone put an after market lift kit on an SRX to lift one about 3 inches or so. I ...
    cmjames is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Lift Kit on SRX

Has anyone put an after market lift kit on an SRX to lift one about 3 inches or so. I would like to put bigger tires on one but am worried about ride performance.

Thanks..James

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS

Re: Lift Kit on SRX

The SRX is not a truck or off-road vehicle.

c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

I think he's looking to do a donk, with 24s or 26s and rubber band tires. That would be, uh, unique.

avantgarde is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

Bump bump Bump it up!

May I get a definitive answer?

I need to know about a Lift kit as well. It's not for bigger tires or hi-siding my SRX, I just need to know if i can bring it up a few inches.

To be honest, Bought this car for my mother and she has this thing about it being "low" I just want to sate her by raising it up about an inch and a half, maybe 2 inches...

To be fair, it does look a little lower in person than do many of the SRX videos and Pictures I've seen.

jdavis is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '08 SRX4 V8 Sport

It seems odd that your mother wants the car raised higher. Most all women like the factory stock height because it is designed for easy ingress and egress.
    I have no knowledge of anyone producing a lift kit for the SRX. However, if you only want to gain a couple of inches, the easiest way would be to install larger wheels and tires. If you are currently running 17" or 18" wheels, pick up a set of OEM 20s. You will get the lift that you want with no clearance or drive line issues.

GMJim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04,06,10 SRX; 2011/14 CTS Wagon

c5, I'm out of it. I had to google donk. Learn something new here everyday.
    That was worth the price of my membership.

King3244 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX

Huh!.....Donk cars....who knew?? Got to love this forum.

b4z
    b4z is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Standard SrX grey/black

Actually most women like to be higher.
    My wife has a Tahoe and several of my female friends have them also and when they sit in the SRX they say that
    they can never drive a "low" car again.
    They like the visibility of the higher vehicles.

OP, having said that you may want to reconsider raising the SRX because of it's high beltline.
    The door sills are high and if you raise it she will not be able to see cars beside and behind her as well.
    Tahoes, etc. have low door sills and you can actually see alongside the vehicle more easily.

Check with dealer or alignment shop to see if the car has been lowered by a previous owner, if you feel it is sitting too low.

and I'm assuming that she has the seat bottom up as high as is comfortable for her?

MortnCyn is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 N* Thunder Gray/Ebony AWD/NAV/MRC

I think more and more women are the buying influence for an SUV or Crossover because all of a sudden they can see better. I agree that the SRX is built like a tube and I cannot at 6' tall lean out the window to back etc. At some bank drive in facilities I have to use the window, as it is nearly impossible to reach the tube. My wife called our Mark VIII a butt burner. If you think the SRX is a low ride, take a ride in a really low vehicle for a while and then get back in the SRX. I recall in my Expedition I looked over most other vehicles.

JUSTINZELL@MSN.COM is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): srx

I have had several suv's my last one was a ml350. I prefer the look of a higher vehicle. I now have a 2006 srx and the ride height is about the same as most small cars on the road. I pulled up next to a new body style srx and its atleast 3-5 inches taller. The height makes it look much much better, I would like a lift kit for my srx and I'm not a woman.

OffThaHorseCEO is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD, 1989 Cadillac Allanté: Pearl White

i also think the SRX sits a bit too low. id like to raise mine up at least an inch, maybe two.

im not interested in off roading or having a donk. id like to leave the stock wheels on or at most go to 20's, MAYBE just MAYBE 22's. however the choice of wheels has nothing to do with the desired ride height.

id like the added clearance i would get from an inch or two lift. i know its not a major difference but it could make the difference between hitting something with the bumper or not...

conedoctor is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320

Well winth no research or even a clue I will throw this out here.

You will loose some mileage and handling as you will be higher up.

Really unlikely the shocks will have the travel to work correctly at a higher level.

I don't think the SRX has any camber adjustment so you would be using a crash bolt or slotted struts to correct it, now mind you lowering has been done so maybe it will be fine.

Rim diameter has nothing to do with ride height, you can't raise the car with bigger tires enough before hitting the bumper while turning.

So I would say I would not do it, the ride height is just perfect for us.

And for the poster who figured theirs was low looking you should correct the problem not really raise it.

CadillacSTS42005 is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant

could jack up the rear by adjusting the ride height sensors slightly and the front with spacers on the springs shouldnt be too hard...

PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

The SRX is my first venture into AWD and a vehicle that was not a sedan or a coupe. I wanted the passenger capacity (3rd row seat), the cargo capacity and flexibility, and of course the AWD.

The SRX sits higher than any of my previous vehicles and I am enjoying the improved forward view. But I also needed easier ingress and egress the SUVs and many crossovers could not provide because they sat too high and running boards and step boards don't cut it with the elderly (76, 78, 87, and 89 years old) in my extended family. They can get into and out of the SRX easily, and the grab handles are a real plus. It is easier for my young grandchildren to get in and out too. The front bumper and chassis clearance works really well, avoiding the higher curb stops and the vehicle becoming a snow plow in the heavy stuff......8.5 inches clearance I believe.

There is at least a percieved if not an actual safety advantage in my mind to the lower ride height: the propensity of vehicles with a higher center of gravity to roll over.

So while you don't get quite the ride height you desire, you get a whole bunch of other things that are more than aesthetic. If it is aesthetics you desire the larger rims (20"-22") with a lower profile tire would give the appearance of a higher riding vehicle without the worry of fender and chassis interference, and your speedometer would still be accurate. For example, the SRXs with the 20" wheels use a lower profile tire to achieve the same tire/wheel diameter.

Personally, I wouldn't start monkeying with the vehicle dynamics through suspension modifications and lift kits.

SRXbabe3 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

I have 22" on my 2004 SRX and I didn't get a lift kit. My car rides fine as well. I love the new look and it works out great! I will post a pic when I get the right URL

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.