Lift Kit on SRX - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Lift Kit on SRX in Cadillac SRX Forums; I'm runnin 26's on mine, did some cut work (but thats the name of the game with over sized wheels ...
    SRXrollin6's is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD 106,xxx

Re: Lift Kit on SRX

I'm runnin 26's on mine, did some cut work (but thats the name of the game with over sized wheels like I mess with) and no rub what so ever. Running 275 25 26 and kmc slides which are 26x10 with +28mm offset. SLIGHTY poke. Which I love

repnatl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by PJ1520 View Post
    The SRX is my first venture into AWD and a vehicle that was not a sedan or a coupe. I wanted the passenger capacity (3rd row seat), the cargo capacity and flexibility, and of course the AWD.

The SRX sits higher than any of my previous vehicles and I am enjoying the improved forward view. But I also needed easier ingress and egress the SUVs and many crossovers could not provide because they sat too high and running boards and step boards don't cut it with the elderly (76, 78, 87, and 89 years old) in my extended family. They can get into and out of the SRX easily, and the grab handles are a real plus. It is easier for my young grandchildren to get in and out too. The front bumper and chassis clearance works really well, avoiding the higher curb stops and the vehicle becoming a snow plow in the heavy stuff......8.5 inches clearance I believe.

There is at least a percieved if not an actual safety advantage in my mind to the lower ride height: the propensity of vehicles with a higher center of gravity to roll over.

So while you don't get quite the ride height you desire, you get a whole bunch of other things that are more than aesthetic. If it is aesthetics you desire the larger rims (20"-22") with a lower profile tire would give the appearance of a higher riding vehicle without the worry of fender and chassis interference, and your speedometer would still be accurate. For example, the SRXs with the 20" wheels use a lower profile tire to achieve the same tire/wheel diameter.

Personally, I wouldn't start monkeying with the vehicle dynamics through suspension modifications and lift kits.
    Your speedometer will still be off with any tire and wheel size change. I was running 265/35/22 and depending on my speed I was off between 4-9 mph. Do the calculations online between your wheel and tire combo before and after at certain speeds. And I do believe the front lower control arms are slotted at the frame for camber adjustment.

conedoctor is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320

4 year old reply, nice.

I know right. I can't imagine how ugly these things look lifted and cut for 26" wheels. Ruins the truck. My 22"s were writhing millimeters of rubbing the front bumper on a full turn.

NipRing is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N* Sport

Search YouTube for "SRX 30"….. then stab your eyes out

Quote Originally Posted by NipRing View Post
    Search YouTube for "SRX 30"….. then stab your eyes out
    I saw that pure ignorance and the ghetto neighborhood it was in. I'm in Atlanta and even that was shameful to watch them ruin it. Hope it doesn't need timing chains cause all that money is in the suspension and wheels.

Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car

Its a shame... it has the sport kit on it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.