Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Thread: Navigation System

Navigation System

Someone in another thread was asking what an owner thought of the Nav system, so I thought we should start a new thread just for this. I currently own a Garmin StreetPilot III and have used the newer Garmin StreetPilot 2620 extensively, so I feel like I can offer an informed opinion:

Pros:
    - Large, high-resolution 5" or 5.6" display
    - Touchscreen makes it easy to use
    - better voice commands
    - gyro allows dead reckoning
    - integrated GPS antenna improves reception
    - integration of vehicle configuration and information

Cons:
    - DVD-based only
    - Not portable
    - poor, inflexible routing logic/algorithm
    - Lock-out while driving (I REALLY hate this!)
    - Convoluted, poorly designed user interface/menus make it difficult to learn (bad design almost offsets the advantages of a large display wtouchscreen interface!)
    - no GPS or system menu/options

BTW, a friend said, and my dealer confirmed, that Magellan OEM's this Nav system. Can anyone corroborate?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Navigation System

Only trouble with NAV option in my SRX that I can see is that the screen contrast is not that great during the daylight.

BTW, I couldn't find where the manual told what kind of cleaner to use on the screen to get rid of the finger oil deposits???