Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Navigation System in Cadillac SRX Forums; Someone in another thread was asking what an owner thought of the Nav system, so I thought we should start ...
- 03-08-04 11:19 AM #1Cadillac Owners Fanatic
- Join Date
- Feb 2004
Someone in another thread was asking what an owner thought of the Nav system, so I thought we should start a new thread just for this. I currently own a Garmin StreetPilot III and have used the newer Garmin StreetPilot 2620 extensively, so I feel like I can offer an informed opinion:
- Large, high-resolution 5" or 5.6" display
- Touchscreen makes it easy to use
- better voice commands
- gyro allows dead reckoning
- integrated GPS antenna improves reception
- integration of vehicle configuration and information
- DVD-based only
- Not portable
- poor, inflexible routing logic/algorithm
- Lock-out while driving (I REALLY hate this!)
- Convoluted, poorly designed user interface/menus make it difficult to learn (bad design almost offsets the advantages of a large display wtouchscreen interface!)
- no GPS or system menu/options
BTW, a friend said, and my dealer confirmed, that Magellan OEM's this Nav system. Can anyone corroborate?
- 03-08-04 04:33 PM #2
Re: Navigation System
Only trouble with NAV option in my SRX that I can see is that the screen contrast is not that great during the daylight.
BTW, I couldn't find where the manual told what kind of cleaner to use on the screen to get rid of the finger oil deposits???
+ Reply to Thread
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts
- Signature Products Group Mossy Oak - Universal Seat Cover
Universal Seat Cover - Universal
- Bosch - Scan Tool
Scan Tool - OBD 1000 Pocket Scan(R) OBD II Code ReaderMore on Bosch - Scan Tool
- Dual Audio - 600W Amp
600W Amp - 2 Channel 600W AmplifierMore on Dual Audio - 600W Amp