I am trying to purchase an SRX 6 AWD from my local dealer. I am pretty much looking at the basic car with sunroof (requires Luxury Package). Dealer is only offering standard pricing minus $1500 conquest rebate. Any advice on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated.
Use edmunds, kbb, or nada to find the invoice for your AWD SRX.
Then work from there.
The instant value certificates supposedly ended 2/29, but when 1 program ends GM always comes up with another.
Wait until tomorrow or the next day and I guarantee you there will some kind of incnetive announced.
Please post back if you hear about any of the new incentives. Do you think we'll do better than the $1500 conquest money? I know it is said that this is a "hot" car and selling well; however I have not seen even one of these on the road.
By standard pricing, I mean list price less a very small discount. Dealer took $1500 from that. I am just not feeling that the price is competitive and am looking to find a competitive price. I am only interested in a purchase, and not any kind of lease.
V6's SRX only started to move well in february.
V8s are not selling well.
only 1500 SRX's were sold in January.
23,000 have been built since last Summer and last week was the first time production exceeded 1,000 units. So they are building them at a rate of 4,000 a month!!!!
I expect we will see some new incentives annnounced with in the next 2 days.
Just for reference, I got quotes last week on SRX V6's in the DC metro area that ranged from about $200 below to $800 above. This is BEFORE the $1,500 Conquest incentive AND the $500 Instant Value Certificates. Thus you should be able to drive this vehicle off the lot for more than $2,000 below invoice (including dealer incentives) AND take the cheap 1.9% or 2.9% financing. Good luck. Some dealers have DOZENS of SRX's on the lot and many are highly motivated to move them out. Despite the fact the SRX is a great vehicle, it is not an MSRP vehicle! Obviously Cadillac is making more than they can sell right now, so go get a great deal too!
Terpnut - Wow - the quote I got doesn't come close to what you describe. Price was a small amount off list minus $1500. Guess I was at the wrong dealer. I am waiting to see what's announced in the next few days and will try again. I am counting on dealers being motivated to make a sale by the end of the first quarter.
Terpnut - I am in lower Connecticut, outside of NYC. Thanks for the great tip on looking for number or SRX 6's in dealer inventory. I hadn't thought of that. Also great site tip - I had been using Cadillac.com - locate a dealer, but the site you provided is a little easier to navigate. Many thanks for all your good advice. I am anxiously awaiting the release of more info on rebate/discounts. Of course the dilema will be if none are coming - do I grab the $1500 conquest money before Mar 31 or gamble that there will be greated discounts coming. Thanks again for all the info.