Cadillac Owners Forum banner
11K views 85 replies 16 participants last post by  Osogato 
#1 ·
I am trying to purchase an SRX 6 AWD from my local dealer. I am pretty much looking at the basic car with sunroof (requires Luxury Package). Dealer is only offering standard pricing minus $1500 conquest rebate. Any advice on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated.

#5 ·
compfan03,

Use edmunds, kbb, or nada to find the invoice for your AWD SRX.
Then work from there.
The instant value certificates supposedly ended 2/29, but when 1 program ends GM always comes up with another.
Wait until tomorrow or the next day and I guarantee you there will some kind of incnetive announced.

#6 ·
Please post back if you hear about any of the new incentives. Do you think we'll do better than the $1500 conquest money? I know it is said that this is a "hot" car and selling well; however I have not seen even one of these on the road.

By standard pricing, I mean list price less a very small discount. Dealer took $1500 from that. I am just not feeling that the price is competitive and am looking to find a competitive price. I am only interested in a purchase, and not any kind of lease.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

#7 ·
V6's SRX only started to move well in february.
V8s are not selling well.
only 1500 SRX's were sold in January.
23,000 have been built since last Summer and last week was the first time production exceeded 1,000 units. So they are building them at a rate of 4,000 a month!!!!
I expect we will see some new incentives annnounced with in the next 2 days.

#9 ·
Just for reference, I got quotes last week on SRX V6's in the DC metro area that ranged from about $200 below to $800 above. This is BEFORE the $1,500 Conquest incentive AND the $500 Instant Value Certificates. Thus you should be able to drive this vehicle off the lot for more than $2,000 below invoice (including dealer incentives) AND take the cheap 1.9% or 2.9% financing. Good luck. Some dealers have DOZENS of SRX's on the lot and many are highly motivated to move them out. Despite the fact the SRX is a great vehicle, it is not an MSRP vehicle! Obviously Cadillac is making more than they can sell right now, so go get a great deal too!

#10 ·
Terpnut - Wow - the quote I got doesn't come close to what you describe. Price was a small amount off list minus $1500. Guess I was at the wrong dealer. I am waiting to see what's announced in the next few days and will try again. I am counting on dealers being motivated to make a sale by the end of the first quarter.

#11 ·
#12 ·
Including incentives, I got mine for about $2700 less than invoice.

Terpnut said:
Compfan-Where are you located?

To get a sense of how many SRX's a particular dealer has, go to the following and check out their inventory: http://www.gmbuypower.com/vehicleHomePage.bp?make=Cadillac&lowerPrice=all&zip=20850&sellingSource=12&msrpKey=bread2044524&makeId=006&model=SRX&year=2004&modelId=055&higherPrice=all&&breadId=2&fromBread=true

For example, Moore Cadillac in Vienna, VA has almost 30 SRX V-6s. Believe me when I say they are HIGHLY motivated to move them out. Good luck!

#13 ·
Terpnut - I am in lower Connecticut, outside of NYC. Thanks for the great tip on looking for number or SRX 6's in dealer inventory. I hadn't thought of that. Also great site tip - I had been using Cadillac.com - locate a dealer, but the site you provided is a little easier to navigate. Many thanks for all your good advice. I am anxiously awaiting the release of more info on rebate/discounts. Of course the dilema will be if none are coming - do I grab the $1500 conquest money before Mar 31 or gamble that there will be greated discounts coming. Thanks again for all the info.

#16 ·
gman89 said:
Including incentives, I got mine for about $2700 less than invoice.
hog4oc said:
$5500 below invoice.
Are you two including GM credit card dollars or other special bonuses? To make sure that we are comparing apples to apples for the benefit of new forum visitors, I think we should only provide our final dealer vehicle pricing with only publicly available incentives. So no GM credit card bonuses, no GM supplier bonuses, no tax, no tags, etc.--these are all customer and locale-specific information.

#18 ·
I agree on stating price-below-invoice based only on incentives available to all.

However, assuming that is so, my dealer didn't come anywhere near $2,700 or $5,500 below invoice. Best was about $900 on a 6 AWD with Luxury Performance Package (basically a Navagation system). The lesser Luxury Package car had only a $500 below invoice. Both prices reflect $1500 discount. I am definately at the wrong dealer.

Any word on new incentives?

#20 ·
Terpnut

Terpnut said:
I wasn't really paying much attention to the area, so unfortunately I don't recall. They are right on Rt 7 near the Dulles Access Road not too far from Wolf Trap and Tyson's Corner.

Dude, it is a small world.
Rt 7 is Leesburg Pike.
I was at a Packard Convention July 4, 2002
and walked from the hotel over to Moore Cadillac.
They only had 1 CTS at the time.
The orange color with a 5 speed.

Hard to believe they have room for 30 SRX's on their
lot. They must have a holding yard somewhere.

#21 ·
compfan03 said:
I agree on stating price-below-invoice based only on incentives available to all.

However, assuming that is so, my dealer didn't come anywhere near $2,700 or $5,500 below invoice. Best was about $900 on a 6 AWD with Luxury Performance Package (basically a Navagation system). The lesser Luxury Package car had only a $500 below invoice. Both prices reflect $1500 discount. I am definately at the wrong dealer.

Any word on new incentives?
I wouldn't count on anyone from this forum to necessarily hear first so I would check the following daily.
National Incentives from GM:
http://www.gm.com/automotive/vehicle_shopping/currentoffers/index.html

Regional Incentives from GM:
http://www.gm.com/automotive/vehicle_shopping/currentoffers/NE_Consumer_IOU.html

Rebates and Incentives by Autobytel:
http://www.autobytel.com/content/research/rebates/index.cfm?action=rebatesByMake&id=4;ABTL&make_vch=Cadillac

#23 ·
I included the $750 GM card bonus (but not my earned $) in the $2700 below invoice figure. Back it out and it was $1950 below invoice. This includes $1500 conquest and $850 DPA (Down Payment Assistance) for Smart Buy.

The sticker was $44010. I am in Connecticut near Danbury.

#24 ·
Hello everyone - I've been reading your posts for a short while now, thanks for the info. I'm about to purchase a V6 with AWD, 3rd row seats and Ultraview. Sticker is 46780, I'm paying (leasing) 39800. What do you think? What do you guys think of the Moonstone color? I can't wait to get ahold of this car, although I never I'd be buying a Cadillac before I received my AARP card.

#25 ·
Globie - I am amazed. I have got to go to a dealer in a different area. I am looking for an outright purchase - not sure but will that be different than your leasing deal? Do you own the car at the end of your lease, or is that an additional payment. By the way I love the moonstone color.

#26 ·
compfan03 said:
Globie - I am amazed. I have got to go to a dealer in a different area. I am looking for an outright purchase - not sure but will that be different than your leasing deal? Do you own the car at the end of your lease, or is that an additional payment. By the way I love the moonstone color.
Hey Compfan - No, I don't own anything at the end. Then again, I'm only paying for 50% of the car while I possess it. There is a $750 "lease" rebate that you wouldn't get if you purchase, but other than that, it would be the same. I wouldn't say that it was the smartest dealership - when I walked in and told them I wanted to see the moonstone color, several people there told me there was no such color.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.