Srx Pricing - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Srx Pricing in Cadillac SRX Forums; Here my theory. There is an oversupply and initial overpricing of the V-8's. That, combined with the fact that many ...
    Terpnut is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Srx Pricing

Here my theory. There is an oversupply and initial overpricing of the V-8's. That, combined with the fact that many of the V-8's are not 6,000 lb GVWR and the rising price of fuel, makes them difficult to move. Many of these are the very reasons I would not have considered the V-8, even for the same price as the V-6!

compfan03 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I agree - I only considered the V6 - however the prices we are seeing on the 8's are very, very tempting. Should make for a good deal for those interested. I also agree on the uselessness of the third row (for my circumstances, anyhow).

snaayk is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Yeah...I'm going w/the V6 - albeit the V8's price is appetizing. The fuel costs and the insurance premium was enough to turn me the other way.

I'm still fighting for the 18" rims. They are now available in a 'Spring' package, but not by themselves

rchflyer is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by Terpnut
    Here my theory. There is an oversupply and initial overpricing of the V-8's. That, combined with the fact that many of the V-8's are not 6,000 lb GVWR and the rising price of fuel, makes them difficult to move. Many of these are the very reasons I would not have considered the V-8, even for the same price as the V-6!
    Bingo...the 6000GVWR Snafu....and since I do not qualify for the "farm use deduction"....give me the money. The vehicle had to be produced prior to 11/15 which was extended from 10/15, so there is/was a limited supply of vehicles, making the pickings slim. But I wanted the V8, White Diamond and Bose and was able to get that, at a good price, so I am happy.

V8 vs V6, is a personal preference thing. I do know that we all are paying more at the gas pump, and all vehicles are expensive across the board. But a fact is the V8 carries a higher residual value and better money factor according to cadillac/gmac. As far as mileage, I have gotten 15.9 out of the last 2 fill ups, and that's driving in the DC metro area, so to me that's acceptable, actually I am pleased with it, as my buddies SUV's only get 10-12 in the same conditions.

And I like the 18's too Snaayk

So ultimately, buy what you like and drive what you got. I know I am!

Quote Originally Posted by rchflyer
    As far as mileage, I have gotten 15.9 out of the last 2 fill ups, and that's driving in the DC metro area, so to me that's acceptable, actually I am pleased with it, as my buddies SUV's only get 10-12 in the same conditions....
    It will be very interesting to have this discussion with everyone again when fuel costs rise further--say to the $3.00-$3.50/gallon range.

rchflyer is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Terp,

What are you averaging now with the V6 around town?

Quote Originally Posted by rchflyer
    Terp,

What are you averaging now with the V6 around town?
    I also live in the DC metro area, drive mixed highway/city miles, and average 18.5 miles/gallon over the first three tanks.

b4z
    b4z is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Standard SrX grey/black

I am at 17.5mpg in around town only.

I have seen 27-29 mpg on the computer at 65 mph.

Quote Originally Posted by b4z
    I am at 17.5mpg in around town only.

I have seen 27-29 mpg on the computer at 65 mph.
    Hmmmm. Wouldn't know about that since I've never driven that slow-I get 16-18 mpg instantaneous fuel economy at 85 mph.

b4z
    b4z is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Standard SrX grey/black

Terpnut,

Not bad for a V8 at 85 mph.

Every GM car I have ever owned has been able to beat the Hwy number posted on the sticker.

Quote Originally Posted by b4z
    Terpnut,

Not bad for a V8 at 85 mph.

Every GM car I have ever owned has been able to beat the Hwy number posted on the sticker.
    You have me confused with RCHFlyer and his V-8, I've got the same V-6 as you.

Jazzer is offline Cadillac Owners Member

What is the 6000GVWR issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzer
    What is the 6000GVWR issue?
    This question belongs in another thread. Although there was some earlier discussion on the GVWR here: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...hlight=6%2C000, perhaps the complete topic deserves a new thread called "SUV Tax Loophole": http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...4658#post84658.

snaayk is offline Cadillac Owners Member

With 200 miles and a quarter of my first tankful left, I'm averaging 9.8 MPG per the system. Hehe...

Quote Originally Posted by snaayk
    With 200 miles and a quarter of my first tankful left, I'm averaging 9.8 MPG per the system. Hehe...
    If you're like me, you probably spent 3 hours with the engine running in the parking lot figuring out the climate controls, nav system, radio presets and other stuff=0 mpg.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.