Cadillac Owners Forum banner
11K views 85 replies 16 participants last post by  Osogato 
#1 ·
I am trying to purchase an SRX 6 AWD from my local dealer. I am pretty much looking at the basic car with sunroof (requires Luxury Package). Dealer is only offering standard pricing minus $1500 conquest rebate. Any advice on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated.

#52 ·
Exactly one month from my first post and I finally took the plunge. I am now the proud owner of a V6 AWD SRX. The details on the pricing I received appears below. I think I got a pretty good (not great) deal, and attribute that to the info I gleaned from this forum. I visited three dealerships and e-mailed half a dozen more before I got what I believe to be a fair price.

MSRP $49,375
Selling Price $45,496
Conquest ($1,500)
Instant Value ($500)
Paid $43,496

For the out-the-door price I had to add sales tax (including tax on the $2,000 worth of rebates) as well as dealer charges and registration fees. Options include; Luxury Performance Package, Lumbar Support, Ultra View Sunroof, and AWD. So far I totally love this vehicle.

In doing my research I found two programs which people may qualify for and which may help in pricing and links appear below. The first is for friends and family of GM employees and the second is for GM suppliers. https://www.gmfamilyfirst.com/pages/ff_login.jsp
https://www.gmsupplierdiscount.com/pages/sd_login.jsp

Hope this info helps and thanks to everyone for their contributions. They really helped.

#55 ·
I just picked up my SRX on 3/29. I had two incentives that were to expire on 3/31; a GMInthedriveway coupon (given to me by a GM employee friend) and the conquest rebate for owning a non GM car. Here’s how it broke down: SRX V8 MSRP standard vehicle price $46,595.00 + Luxury Performance package $4,595.00 + AWD $1,900.00 + Magnetic Ride Control $1,650.00 + destination $695.00 = $54,435.00 (window sticker). Plus tax.

I negotiated the elimination of the dealer prep fee of $589.00. The GMInthedriveway discount is the GM supplier price on the dealer’s invoice. For my vehicle optioned as listed, this was $50,506.34 + 3.70% sales tax $1,868.73 = $52,375.07 less $1,500.00 conquest cash = $50,875.07 (the “out-the-door” price I actually paid).

I did not use GM or any other financing. No trade-in.

I will have to pay an additional 0.5% county tax when I register it.

The internet invoice for my vehicle as optioned and including delivery is $49,868.63. This price does not reflect any rebates, nor does it include local and national advertising costs.

It will be interesting to see what, if any, new incentives or rebates GM comes up with.

#56 ·
I did the same thing Skiman, got mine on the 26th, prior to GM changing programs. Mine worked out like this:
V8 AWD, White Diamond, 3rd seat, Bose & XM.
$52610 MSRP.
$49855 agreed upon price (Invoice w/advertising + $500)
$4950 in total rebates (2000 V8, 1500 conquest, 700 clr 750 bonus ncl)
$44905 plus Taxes (3%) and dealer fees.

We also got the rate lowered on the money end to put us on the road for under $550 month, with zero money out of pocket. It was the best I could find in the area, but you always wonder are the new programs better.

#60 ·
One of the dealers I spoke with before giving my deposit called me, so I mentioned I had dropped a deposit and he offered me the same car, with these diffs:
  • No 3rd Row
  • V8 (yes, V8!!)
For $46,000, which is basically the same price of the V6 that I have now without the bench.

I wanted the 18" rims and also realized, that with a stroller the 3rd row becomes useless since the stroller won't fit with the 3rd up. Now I have my current dealer scrambling.:) :coolgleam :bouncy: Makes me happy.

Let's see what happends...

<edit>forgot the price</edit>

#61 ·
Here my theory. There is an oversupply and initial overpricing of the V-8's. That, combined with the fact that many of the V-8's are not 6,000 lb GVWR and the rising price of fuel, makes them difficult to move. Many of these are the very reasons I would not have considered the V-8, even for the same price as the V-6!

#64 ·
Terpnut said:
Here my theory. There is an oversupply and initial overpricing of the V-8's. That, combined with the fact that many of the V-8's are not 6,000 lb GVWR and the rising price of fuel, makes them difficult to move. Many of these are the very reasons I would not have considered the V-8, even for the same price as the V-6!
Bingo...the 6000GVWR Snafu....and since I do not qualify for the "farm use deduction"....give me the money. The vehicle had to be produced prior to 11/15 which was extended from 10/15, so there is/was a limited supply of vehicles, making the pickings slim. But I wanted the V8, White Diamond and Bose and was able to get that, at a good price, so I am happy.

V8 vs V6, is a personal preference thing. I do know that we all are paying more at the gas pump, and all vehicles are expensive across the board. But a fact is the V8 carries a higher residual value and better money factor according to cadillac/gmac. As far as mileage, I have gotten 15.9 out of the last 2 fill ups, and that's driving in the DC metro area, so to me that's acceptable, actually I am pleased with it, as my buddies SUV's only get 10-12 in the same conditions.

And I like the 18's too Snaayk

So ultimately, buy what you like and drive what you got. I know I am! :bouncy:

#65 ·
rchflyer said:
As far as mileage, I have gotten 15.9 out of the last 2 fill ups, and that's driving in the DC metro area, so to me that's acceptable, actually I am pleased with it, as my buddies SUV's only get 10-12 in the same conditions....
It will be very interesting to have this discussion with everyone again when fuel costs rise further--say to the $3.00-$3.50/gallon range.:rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.