SRX V8 top rated in March Consumer Reports Test
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, SRX V8 top rated in March Consumer Reports Test in Cadillac SRX Forums; FWIW, CR gave Cadillac #1 when compared to GX470; Nissan Pathfinder Armada; and Dodge Durango. All had V8s and 3rd ...
    doncapecod is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

SRX V8 top rated in March Consumer Reports Test

FWIW, CR gave Cadillac #1 when compared to GX470; Nissan Pathfinder Armada; and Dodge Durango. All had V8s and 3rd row seats which were the criteria.

SRX highs: Ride, handling, acceleration, second seat comfort
    SRX lows: Small 3rd row seat; seat mounted shoulder belts; "some controls and seitches."

CR also rated it No.2 among 18 SUVs tested.
    1. Honda Pilot
    2. Cadillac SRX
    3. Acura MDX Touring
    4. Lexus GX470
    5 Toyota Land Cruiser
    6. Chrysler Pacifica
    7. Volvo XC90 T6
    8. Nissan Pathfinder Armada LE
    9. Toyota Sequoia Ltd
    10. Chevrolet Surburan 1500
    11. Ford Explorer XLT V6
    12. Ford Expedition-Eddie Bauer
    13. Dodge Durango Ltd
    14. Buick Rendezvous CXL
    15. Chevrolet Tahoe LT
    16. Mitsubishi Montero Ltd
    17. Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT LT
    18. Ford Excursion XLT

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Donsrx is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: SRX V8 top rated in March Consumer Reports Test

I could not agree more with Consumer Reports and Car & Drivers pick of the SRX as the #1 SUV on the market today. I have owned the SRX for 3 months now and it is the perfect family car. We have 3 children and ordered the SRX with every option ( V8, third row, sunroof etc). My wife is always zipping our kids and their freinds around in the SRX and it is "just the right size". Not since I purchased a Harley-Davidson motorcycle back in the eighties have I ever seen so many eyes on a motor vechicle. At stop lights everyone in the other cars point at our SRX and at every gas station someone will come over and ask about it. It is a pretty cool feeling. This is the car that I will keep for 10 years plus..

I want to let anyone whom may be thinking of leaving a German or Japenese brand know that I have never owned a GM car before. As a matter of fact all of my cars have always been German or Japenese. I had been so impressed with GM's honest commitment to regain quaility in all of their cars and to invest billions of dollars into Cadillac that I purchased an '04 CTS ( lux/sport) for myself and the SRX for my wife. Both the CTS and SRX are awsome ! The past six years and 150,000 miles of driving have been in BMW's (X5 4.4 - 528i) and I will tell all of you that American workmanship IS WORLD CLASS. The CTS and SRX are superior in so many ways to the BMW's I have owned. Do not hesitate to go with a Cadillac. The SRX is the best all around car in the world, period. It is a well known fact in the industry and on Wall Street that GM is now the best managed auto company in the world. Trust me, you will feel good driving an American icon !!!

Vesicant is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None :(

Its always a honda or bmw ontop of the rest of the pack

gman89 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

It's still going to be tough to convince the BMW/Honda snobs that domestics, especially Cadillac, are every bit as good, and often better.

The SRX is the hottest thing around now and I got mine at a healthy discount.
    When the imports come out with a hot new model, you would be lucky to pay sticker. Before I bought the SRX, I drove the X5, MDX, RX330 and ML350.
    NO CONTEST.

Terpnut is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I am the "typical BMW/Honda snob"--BMW 528i and Honda S2000 parked on each side of the Caddy SRX right now! Although it is too early to tell how well the SRX will hold up over time, I have to say that GM has done a great job with this vehicle. However I have to be honest and say that, without the SUV tax deduction from the business, I don't think I would have ever walked into a Cadillac dealership. I agree with you that it is going to be very tough for Cadillac. They're existing customer base is dying off and their future rests with middle to upper-income people who desire luxury vehicles and long ago dismissed domestic breeds. I truly wish GM/Caddy well, but I am not betting the Bimmer that they will succeed in the long run.

The fact that you considered and bought an American vehicle means that you have an open mind. Most people I know will dismiss a domestic vehicle just because it is domestic.

You hit the nail right on the head. Cadillac desperately needs a younger audience. The SRX and the CTS-V are a major step in the right direction. The new STS looks good too. Rear drive is definitely the way to go. They need a new Escalade that is very different from the Tahoe and Yukon.

Lincoln needs to get on the ball. What were they thinking with the Aviator?

Srevi is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I too am completely stoked with my SRX (V6,AWD,Ultraview). I'm new to this forum, (about time I found one that was active). The ratings are completely appropriate. It has been great fun in the chicago winter and the four kids tumble in just fine. This is my first GM vehicle and the two months of stares I get everywhere I go is killing me!

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by gman89
    It's still going to be tough to convince the BMW/Honda snobs that domestics, especially Cadillac, are every bit as good, and often better.

The SRX is the hottest thing around now and I got mine at a healthy discount.
    When the imports come out with a hot new model, you would be lucky to pay sticker. Before I bought the SRX, I drove the X5, MDX, RX330 and ML350.
    NO CONTEST.
    Maybe it will help them to know that GM has many German and Japanese engineers working on these vehicles as well? Look at how the merger between Chrysler and Benz helped Chrysler's quality ratings, etc.

In my opinion, GM is every bit as good, and JD POWER backs me up on that. We had a good discussion in the depreciation thread for Cadillacs awhile back, and came to the conclusion that perceived quality, is NOT actual quality.

The fact that you considered and bought an American vehicle means that you have an open mind. Most people I know will dismiss a domestic vehicle just because it is domestic.

You hit the nail right on the head. Cadillac desperately needs a younger audience. The SRX and the CTS-V are a major step in the right direction. The new STS looks good too. Rear drive is definitely the way to go. They need a new Escalade that is very different from the Tahoe and Yukon.

I actually like the idea behind the Aviator, they had the right idea before the mid-sized SRX came into being? To appeal to a younger crowd, they made it a little cheaper, smaller, and loaded to the hilt. Some people don't like the idea of trying to park a 5500 pound Navigator that gets 10 mpg. The Aviator is just the right size IMO, has the same horsepower, so it'll move damn good. Look at all the companies designing mid-sized SUV's like Porsche, VW, etc. I think these companies are all on the ball when it comes to giving the consumer what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by doncapecod
    FWIW, CR gave Cadillac #1 when compared to GX470; Nissan Pathfinder Armada; and Dodge Durango. All had V8s and 3rd row seats which were the criteria.

SRX highs: Ride, handling, acceleration, second seat comfort
    SRX lows: Small 3rd row seat; seat mounted shoulder belts; "some controls and seitches."

CR also rated it No.2 among 18 SUVs tested.
    1. Honda Pilot
    2. Cadillac SRX
    3. Acura MDX Touring
    4. Lexus GX470
    5 Toyota Land Cruiser
    6. Chrysler Pacifica
    7. Volvo XC90 T6
    8. Nissan Pathfinder Armada LE
    9. Toyota Sequoia Ltd
    10. Chevrolet Surburan 1500
    11. Ford Explorer XLT V6
    12. Ford Expedition-Eddie Bauer
    13. Dodge Durango Ltd
    14. Buick Rendezvous CXL
    15. Chevrolet Tahoe LT
    16. Mitsubishi Montero Ltd
    17. Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT LT
    18. Ford Excursion XLT
    Did they not rate the Aviator? With all the features it has over the Explorer, it wouldn't seem right to clump them together. IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph
    Did they not rate the Aviator? With all the features it has over the Explorer, it wouldn't seem right to clump them together. IMO.
    The Aviator is already due for phase out and reintroduction as something else. Just like they are doing with the Blackwood.

Terpnut is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I really like the SRX, but my point was that I would never have even CONSIDERED it if not for a tax loophole big enough for me to drive my new SRX through! Cadillac has a major uphill battle...

The Aviator is already due for phase out and reintroduction as something else. Just like they are doing with the Blackwood.
    Ya, I heard that about the Aviator, but maybe on the plus side, Cadillac will sell more SRX's then to fill the mid-size lux SUV segment. I liked the baby Navigator. Esp. the satin nickel interior.

I read they only produced 850 Blackwoods. I thought production ceased a couple of years ago, and they will be quite colectible.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.