Conflict with XM Radio and Ultraview Options?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Conflict with XM Radio and Ultraview Options? in Cadillac SRX Forums; Well, I headed to the local Caddy dealer and was told that with the XM radio option, we would not ...
    metafrodo is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Conflict with XM Radio and Ultraview Options?

Well, I headed to the local Caddy dealer and was told that with the XM radio option, we would not be able to have the UltraView (not the UltraView Plus package)Sunroof package. I find this to be in conflict with the official Cadillac "Build your own" SRX site as it states that I can have the UltraView (over 1st and 2nd row, not 3rd) with the XM package. So whats going on?
    Thanks in advance for your replies, its greatly appreciated!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Osogato is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Conflict with XM Radio and Ultraview Options?

My understanding is that originally that combination was not available. However, a recent email from Cadillac.com indicated that it will be possible starting with production this month or next.

beers is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan (gray/black), previous 2004 CTS-V

just to piggy back on what Osogato said, here's part of an e-mail I also recently received from Cadillac:

"Cadillac anticipates that the UltraView Roof will be
    available with XM Radio in February 2004..."

doncapecod is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by beers
    just to piggy back on what Osogato said, here's part of an e-mail I also recently received from Cadillac:

"Cadillac anticipates that the UltraView Roof will be
    available with XM Radio in February 2004..."
    Mine was just built this week and I couldn't get the XM radio option. I believe it's an easy aftermrket install however and will still work thru the stereo system and not the FM audio system.

I probably missed the factory mod by a week, which P*sses me off because I was never told it would be available so soon.

metafrodo is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thanks guys.

vdo
    vdo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 SRX

I was at the dealer today to buy my SRX, and noticed that they juggled the available options and option packages around after similar complaints. Therefore option listings from certain web sights (edmunds, kbb, etc.) might not be acurrate. I was also told that the Ultraview Plus sunroof package (roof above 3rd row seat) will no longer be available due to safety concerns after government crash testing.

doncapecod is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Has anyone installed an aftermarket XM radio in an SRX?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.