Cool Stuff
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Cool Stuff in Cadillac SRX Forums; I want to direct this thread to fellow SRX owners. I don't know if I am just used to driving ...
    2004_SRX_ is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Cool Stuff

I want to direct this thread to fellow SRX owners. I don't know if I am just used to driving my old 1966 Pontiacs but this new Caddy is just too cool. You can't overlook what GM did to make this a true performance utility. First of all, the power. It's hard not to go fast in this car. When you put the pedal down you really think you're driving a sports car. And the magnetic ride control. It is more noticable than I expected. You take this thing hard into corners and there is minimal leaning. And the SRX got this feature before the Corvette! Then you move to the interior. This is the first car I ever owned with navigation. I didn't have to use it yet, but I think it could really be helpful in finding a place. And then the voice activation/OnStar. I love the handsfree phone feature and it could really eliminate the need for a cell phone every time you jump in the car. I just have to talk about the style. I can actually see some Sixteen influence in the lines of the SRX. The verticle stacked headlights and sharp but smooth lines. They didn't let Lutz ruin this one. The rear is really one of the nicer parts of the car. The windows blend together at the rear corners and the tail lights connect the window to the bumper. Everything about this car says Cadillac. Okay, I'm done. I just don't want any of the owners to take this car for granted, and if you are thinking of getting one, they are worth the money. Hell, even Car and Driver admitted that the SRX is at or close to the top of its class...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

Re: Cool Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by 2004_SRX_
    ... And the magnetic ride control. It is more noticable than I expected. You take this thing hard into corners and there is minimal leaning. And the SRX got this feature before the Corvette! ...
    Great review, but 1 correction: the '02 STS was the first vehicle to have available MRC followed by the '03 Corvette.

http://corvetteforum.com/specs/2003/msrc2.html

Hmmm, I remember hearing somewhere that the Corvette doesn't get it untill next year... Well, doesn't make it any less awesome.

I actually want to write a detailed review on the car, but: 1) I didn't drive it quite enough yet to write a whole review and 2) I don't know if I want to put time and work if no one will be interested in it. I know most of the people here will read it, so I may do one. Probably in a month or two when I put some more miles on it.

Osogato is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I would be very interested in the review as I am seriously considering buying a V8 AWD in the near future.

One question for you. I read an owner's review on the internet that the SRX lacks heater vents for the 2nd and 3rd row passengers. Aren't there some under the seat? (I realize the A/C is elsewhere.) I would think no heater vents for the rear passengers would be a serious omission for a $50K car and would be a bummer for our kids. Might make us buy something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Osogato
    I would be very interested in the review as I am seriously considering buying a V8 AWD in the near future.

One question for you. I read an owner's review on the internet that the SRX lacks heater vents for the 2nd and 3rd row passengers. Aren't there some under the seat? (I realize the A/C is elsewhere.) I would think no heater vents for the rear passengers would be a serious omission for a $50K car and would be a bummer for our kids. Might make us buy something else.
    There are no heater vents for the back seats that I am aware of. That was actually disappointing, especially since the winders are bad up here in PA. The front has the heated seats and vents in front of you and at your feet. But the 2nd and 3rd row passengers are left in the cold. You just have to blast the heat and wait for it to move through the car. It is annoying because the driver and front seat passenger are roasting by the time the 2nd row passengers feel the heat. I wouldn't think it's a reason to not buy the car, but a small annoyance, yes.

Brett is offline Watching the Watchers

i remember there being vents in the roof above the windows for the rear passengers. is that wrong?

2004 Srx,

2004 SRX, that is disappointing.

There are air conditioning vents in the rear though, correct? (Maybe that is what Brett recalls?)

Re: 2004 Srx,

Thats probably what i saw, they're circular. nothing is stopping you from pushing heat through those though. hot face instead of hot feet

We will have to wait for 2004 SRX's reply but I suspect that only A/C can come through those vents.

For example, in our Volvo S80 T6, there are nice vents on the B pillars. Only A/C comes through those.

There also are vents under the front seats, directed to the rear seats. Only heater air comes through those.

Yeah, I definitely dont know for sure. My 01 Seville could be directed to put heat through the floor or through the air vents or both, so if the SRX is set up similar you might be OK

Quote Originally Posted by Osogato
    We will have to wait for 2004 SRX's reply but I suspect that only A/C can come through those vents.
    Correct. Only A/C out of those vents.... I can't wait to have this car in the summer. Sunroof open, windows down, Bose system blasting (Led Zeppelin of course ) but that's another story... But like I said, the lack of rear heating is no reason not to buy this vehicle.

Terpnut is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I was told by my Caddy salesman that rear seat passengers get A/C via the overhead vents and heat from vents located under both front seat vents.

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V

Great review, I agree for the mostpart this is one of the best out there right now. I do have to disagree on the tail end of this thing, I havent really liked that stacked GM style ever since I saw the somewhat similar "anteater" Oldsmobile Sillouhette/Lumina APV vans years ago, but thats just personal taste. IF I dont end up sticking with fast cars and dont end up getting a used CTS-V down the road, then my attention will once again turn to SUV's, where once I wanted an older Range Rover, the new SRX V8 and the Volkswagen Touareg V8 with Air suspension have completely replaced any desire to want to go for Land Rover products with their excessive pricing (and their Putrid british reliability). Whats interesting to note also is that VW just plain got it right the very first time with the Touareg, its a truly CAPABLE, yet fully comfortable on and off roader with every creature comfort possible. I mean it kicks the M-Class and the X5's arse into next week. Only the SRX has caught my attention in the same way as the Touareg, but for reasons of its own, including the Northstar engine. Cadillac also seems to have done extremely well their first time out in this class,and well see how long term reliability turns out when it comes time to get one used as I rarely if ever plan to purchase anything new.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpnut
    I was told by my Caddy salesman that rear seat passengers get A/C via the overhead vents and heat from vents located under both front seat vents.
    I will check when I get a chance. I rarely have passengers in the back seat, but once when I did they complained there was heat reaching them.

Playdrv4me, I also like the Touareg but I would call it an SUV and the SRX a performance utility. I see them at opposite ends of the spectrum, so when I was looking to get a new vehicle, the Touareg didn't really interest me. I also don't really like the styling. Speaking of styling, I guess the SRX's rear is not for everyone. It's radical, and I happen to like that. I think if you saw the it in black you might change your mind. The windows are rear windows are tinted and the rear windshield is tinted around the edges. The rear window meets the rear windshield at a point and the line continues down the whole back of the car. The black is interrupted by the huge verticle tail lights. All red, no yellow blinkers, and the reverse lights are in the license plate frame. To me, this is the nicest rear of any SUV/Crossover on the market. Only time will tell about the durability and reliability of the car. I don't really put it under any stressful conditions, so I may not be the best person to inform you about this. But if I am on these forums long enough, I will update as I rack up the miles on my baby.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.