Newbie here and an SRX waiter (first Cadillac ever)
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Newbie here and an SRX waiter (first Cadillac ever) in Cadillac SRX Forums; Hi: I'm a Porsche guy but don't like the Cayenne at all. Going for an SRX. Got the $1500 off ...
    doncapecod is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Newbie here and an SRX waiter (first Cadillac ever)

Hi: I'm a Porsche guy but don't like the Cayenne at all. Going for an SRX. Got the $1500 off w/o asking, but can I get more?..and what do I have to watch out for in terms of quality?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Brett is offline Watching the Watchers

Re: Newbie here and an SRX waiter (first Cadillac ever)

Welcome to the forum. Id bet you can get a few k more off...I wouldnt worry about quality too much. Cadillac has made great strides in that area, based on recent JD Power surveys and the SRX is made in the award winning Grand River plant alongside the CTS

c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

I don't remember where I read or heard it, but I understand that Cadillac dealers are dealing on the V8 SRXs. Oh, and welcome!

beers is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan (gray/black), previous 2004 CTS-V

doncapecod,

Welcome! I'm also in the process of purchasing an SRX (V8). If you're getting a V8, I bet you could work your way down even more; from what I understand Cadillac underestimated the demand for the V6 and produced too high a ratio of V8's in early production.

As far as the quality, many of the components are shared with the CTS which has received high marks for quality. Per J.D. Power, Cadillac scores are well above industry average in terms of vehicle dependabilty:

http://www.jdpa.com/presspass/pr/ima...03050bfull.gif

doncapecod is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Wink Re: Newbie here and an SRX waiter (first Cadillac ever)

Well, I did it... Mooonstone/Neutral, V6AWD, Performance Pkg, Moonroof, Nav, 3rd row delete in favor of "compartment storage system," (Couldn't talk wife into V8) ....but then again, I'm not driving it. Only got 2500 off 'cause they had to order it, but what's money when you can satisfy your wife.

I keep thinking of that V8 tho but then again when I get the "need for speed" I can always relieve myself with mine!
    Attached Images

hog4oc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by doncapecod
    Hi: I'm a Porsche guy but don't like the Cayenne at all. Going for an SRX. Got the $1500 off w/o asking, but can I get more?..and what do I have to watch out for in terms of quality?
    Right now you can buy them $150 over invoice, go to edmunds.com to find out invoice cost plus the extra $1500 rebate off.

If you do have GM credit card, you can get points and use them. I have an old GM credit card which i accmulate $4500.

beers is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan (gray/black), previous 2004 CTS-V

Regarding invoice price, we're currently in the process of purchasing an SRX and the dealer has agreed to a price of $500 over invoice (this was negotiated by my bank with the fleet manager). Its for a V8; I understand that dealers are more ready to negotiate on these models vs. the V6 version.

Only problem is that the dealer's stated invoice price is about $950 over what I've found on the various internet sites I've looked at, and the invoice price my bank has. The dealer is going to show us their invoice info next week (the car is a new order) so we can see how their figures add up. This dealer has been great to work with so far (one of the best we've found in the L.A. area).

Does anyone know how the various internet sites (Edmunds, Yahoo, etc.) arrive at invoice prices for vehicles/options?

p.s. about a month ago, we took an SRX for a 24-hr test drive and WOW, what a nice driving vehicle (especially considering how much stuff it can hold/utility). Also, the GM card is great, giving 5% back on charges; too bad the limit you can apply towards the SRX and XLR is only $1,000...

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V

Quote Originally Posted by beers
    Regarding invoice price, we're currently in the process of purchasing an SRX and the dealer has agreed to a price of $500 over invoice (this was negotiated by my bank with the fleet manager). Its for a V8; I understand that dealers are more ready to negotiate on these models vs. the V6 version.

Only problem is that the dealer's stated invoice price is about $950 over what I've found on the various internet sites I've looked at, and the invoice price my bank has. The dealer is going to show us their invoice info next week (the car is a new order) so we can see how their figures add up. This dealer has been great to work with so far (one of the best we've found in the L.A. area).

Does anyone know how the various internet sites (Edmunds, Yahoo, etc.) arrive at invoice prices for vehicles/options?

p.s. about a month ago, we took an SRX for a 24-hr test drive and WOW, what a nice driving vehicle (especially considering how much stuff it can hold/utility). Also, the GM card is great, giving 5% back on charges; too bad the limit you can apply towards the SRX and XLR is only $1,000...
    Go to WWW.CARBUYINGTIPS.COM and use their invoice price spreadsheet, fascinating site. What most dealers quote you as an "invoice" price is actually no where close to what they own it for...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.