Inconsistant codes?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Inconsistant codes? in Cadillac SRX Forums; Hey fellow Cadillac owners, new member but have been reading posts for the last year. I have some electrical issues ...
    TampaJay is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Srx V6

Inconsistant codes?

Hey fellow Cadillac owners, new member but have been reading posts for the last year. I have some electrical issues going on with my 2007 SRX that I will be dealing with in the near future but wanted to ask about something else; Recently I have been getting the warning lights for "service stabilatrac, traction control, and abs" the codes come up when I drive on a rough road or hit a bump, but I stopped for gas yesterday and after turning the car back on drove for 200 kms without the codes coming on. I had the srv into the dealer to get a quote on a power steering issue Im having and asked the service manager about the codes and he told me most likely there was something major going on that would need to be fixed. My point to him was that if it was something serious the codes would never go off. So my question after all that lol is about the sensor for these three things Im getting the codes for. Is it one sensor and where is it located? I have P/S fluid leaking on left side of vehicle could a dirty sensor be acting this way? Any other ideas what could be causing the inconsistent codes?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

glake89 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 srx awd v6, 07 Solstice GXP

Re: Inconsistant codes?

Messages and codes are 2 different things. The message may go off but the codes remain, unless the problem itself has disappeared. Get the codes read and report what the #s are and maybe we can help. The PS leak is a separate issue.
    __________________________________________________ ________________

This site is too much fun to not be a supporter
    Been fixin' cars for 71 years
    Some of what I know comes from experience, some from reading or listening,-most of it, I just make up

TampaJay is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Srx V6

Thx, I just had it in for the peace of inspection, I would have thought they would have checked the codes during that inspection, especially after I told them about the messages. The service manager told me it would be 1 to 1.5 hr for them to find the problem, could have got me the codes at least though. I get it into one of the local dealers and get back to you with the codes.

glake89 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 srx awd v6, 07 Solstice GXP

Most parts stores will read codes NC. Dealers won't.
    __________________________________________________ ________________

This site is too much fun to not be a supporter
    Been fixin' cars for 71 years
    Some of what I know comes from experience, some from reading or listening,-most of it, I just make up

Tiger1106 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX'05 4.6L

I would bet it's the speed sensor inside one of the wheel hubs. I had exactly the same symptoms on my right front. Tech 2 should be able to tell which exact wheel is throwing the codes and then inspect it more carefully. Would imagine it could also be wire/connector to that wheel hub that bends on rough road.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.