I have a 2004 with the 3.6 need engine the interchange say 2005 up engine wont fit.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, I have a 2004 with the 3.6 need engine the interchange say 2005 up engine wont fit. in Cadillac SRX Forums; Hello: The part interchange guide say 2004 srx engine only. I sourced out local an engine from a 2005 srx ...
    clintst9 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 srx

I have a 2004 with the 3.6 need engine the interchange say 2005 up engine wont fit.

Hello:

The part interchange guide say 2004 srx engine only.

I sourced out local an engine from a 2005 srx but the local junk yard say it wont run or fit.

Can anybody tell me what makes the 2004 engine so special why I cant use a 2005 and up engine.

Let me know if anyone and done a replacement engine in a 2004 body with a different year engine and what needs to be changed out to work.

thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

glake89 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 srx awd v6, 07 Solstice GXP

Re: I have a 2004 with the 3.6 need engine the interchange say 2005 up engine wont fi

In the SM the document # for engine description for both years is the same. Unless there are sensor differences between the two I see no reason you can't use a later engine. The only part of the engine that is keyed to the vin. would be the throttle body which must be synced with the throttle actuator. So if you keep your TB and just exchange metal and use your existing wiring harness and ECM, you should be good to go.
    __________________________________________________ ________________

This site is too much fun to not be a supporter
    Been fixin' cars for 71 years
    Some of what I know comes from experience, some from reading or listening,-most of it, I just make up

Re: I have a 2004 with the 3.6 need engine the interchange say 2005 up engine wont fi

Thank for the help. I am guessing it has something to do with the onstar thief feature.

swapping the older 2004 TB to the newer 2005 engine is all I will need to do?

Thanks for the help

glake89 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 srx awd v6, 07 Solstice GXP

Why not ask the yard why they think it won't work. That engine was used in many different cars with differing bolt on parts like oil pans etc. so the basic engine is the same. I think Onstar has nothing to do with it, totally separate from the hardware. There may be other item that need to be switched but no big deal.
    __________________________________________________ ________________

This site is too much fun to not be a supporter
    Been fixin' cars for 71 years
    Some of what I know comes from experience, some from reading or listening,-most of it, I just make up

I asked the yard did not have a clue why.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.