Just found out my SRX is AWD
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Just found out my SRX is AWD in Cadillac SRX Forums; So we bought an 06 SRX about a month ago. Started getting a noise that sounds like the front wheel ...
    orange57 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS Northstar RWD

Just found out my SRX is AWD

So we bought an 06 SRX about a month ago. Started getting a noise that sounds like the front wheel bearing, so I purchased one. I thought the SRX was RWD, as it dosesn't have a 4 on the badges, wasn't advertised as AWD and when I ran the VIN it never came up as AWD. Well I get the wheel off, and see the drive shaft coming through the wheel bearing. Found the RPO codes as a verification, and yup, has the right RPO codes. That helps explain the lower than expected MPG then

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

arw1510 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6, 2004 SRX 4.6 AWD, 2012 CTS 3.6 DI AWD
    This might be one of those stories that you shouldn't tell people. Kinda makes you look stupid.

mjcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 1SG STS4, 05 V6 SRX4 (retired 03 DeVille)

Re: Just found out my SRX is AWD

Quote Originally Posted by arw1510 View Post
    This might be one of those stories that you shouldn't tell people. Kinda makes you look stupid.
    Well this happened to me as well!, I got my car from another brand dealership and they listed it as RWD, I asked and they confirmed its RWD, came back home to find it's AWD, I even have asked here since the RPO was saying AWD but the used car window sticker was saying RWD, I think i still have that sticker as well, Another thing that dealership didnt know about was the 6 CD changer they told me it's single CD and listed as such too.

That's because they are used car idiot dealers. They don't put any time into the listing. Just buy at auction and go for a quick sell.

Or they may k ow that transfer cases were an early issue and don't want people to not buy bc of that

This might be one of those comments you keep to yourself, kinda makes you look like an ass.

I thought it was a humorous story. How stupid I look to people on the internet is pretty irrelevant to my everyday life, so I don't mind sharing the stories

Nothing lost in the end, just have to send the bearing I got back and get the new one. We weren't looking for RWD or AWD specific, my only requirement was that the SRX had to have the V8, which it does. So far a fantastic whip. Heading out to get the windows tinted.

matt
    sgilbert, Ludacrisvp and bendebusk like this.

Quote Originally Posted by orange57 View Post

This might be one of those comments you keep to yourself, kinda makes you look like an ass.

I thought it was a humorous story. How stupid I look to people on the internet is pretty irrelevant to my everyday life, so I don't mind sharing the stories

Nothing lost in the end, just have to send the bearing I got back and get the new one. We weren't looking for RWD or AWD specific, my only requirement was that the SRX had to have the V8, which it does. So far a fantastic whip. Heading out to get the windows tinted.

matt
    I am definitely an ass. I think that's obvious
    Ludacrisvp likes this.

Pinhauler is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 v6 SRX

orange57 - Now you have to change your profile to include SRX Northstar AWD !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pinhauler View Post
    orange57 - Now you have to change your profile to include SRX Northstar AWD !!!
    It is thew wife's rig. I actually don't have the STS anymore, probably should update that as well. My daily is a 2000 Tahoe Limited now. Although I'm looking to get somethign a little more fuel efficient for commuting, as I don't think we need two gas guzzlers now.

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    So I guess it's safe to assume there was little to no mechanical inspection done before buying the 8 year old truck??

mjcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 1SG STS4, 05 V6 SRX4 (retired 03 DeVille)

That's because they are used car idiot dealers. They don't put any time into the listing. Just buy at auction and go for a quick sell.

Or they may k ow that transfer cases were an early issue and don't want people to not buy bc of that
    surprisingly it wasn't a used car dealer it was a different brand dealer (Toyota) and they gave me the default Toyota used cars care thing (which I used for alignment), so it wasn't a small unknown used only dealer!

my used car test was done by my Cadillac dealership 2 days after purchase and they told me everything looks healthy for an AWD SRX!

Anyway, I'm happy with my truck the only thing i don't like about it is interior, plastic everywhere compares to my other 2 caddies a Deville and STS

Top-Hat is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 SRX V8 AWD

From our previous thread.....LOL (no worries...me too...)

Re: How to tell if an SRX is AWD

I've had mine for about 2-weeks...picked it up from a non-Cadillac dealer...and on the '04 there is no AWD badging......so I stormed my logic formulas together..."Pinky-&-The Brain" style....and out of my steaming lab came a brilliant concoction for deciphering 2WD vs AWD... (on early model SRX)

1: STICK YOUR HEAD UNDER THE VEHICLE....(while in park with engine off )
    2: DO YOU SEE A BORG-WARNER TRANSFER CASE? (attached to the right side of the tranny )
    3: IS THERE A 2-INCH DIAMETER SHAFT (prolly rust colored) STICKING OUT OF THE TRANSFER CASE HEADING TOWARD YOUR FRONT GEOMETRY?

OUTCOME: A) YES, YOU SEE A TRANSFER CASE & A RUSTY SHAFT. (heh heh). CONGRADULATIONS !! YOU NOW HAVE AWD!!
    OUTCOME: B) NO, YOU DO NOT SEE A TRANSFER CASE. CONGRADULATIONS!! YOU ARE NOT IN THE AWD CLUB. (and you have less to worry about)

Trust me guys & dolls....somehow this formula worked for me. Just this morning (no-kidding), in a matter of minutes I went from a size 2WD up to AWD instantly!!

08SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 SRX Sport Pkg

A used SRX sells for about $1000.00 more than one with RWD. An interesting point to consider when you are negotiating for a price.

jacvt is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Well I am feeling rather stupid. I am trying to determine if the 2004 that I recently purchased (last week) is an AWD. What would be the RPO code that would tell me that? Can anyone help with that? If not, I will crawl under the car and see what I can determine.
    Thanks much
    Jim

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by jacvt View Post
    Well I am feeling rather stupid. I am trying to determine if the 2004 that I recently purchased (last week) is an AWD. What would be the RPO code that would tell me that? Can anyone help with that? If not, I will crawl under the car and see what I can determine.
    Thanks much
    Jim
    Hello jacvt,

I'm happy to provide you a build sheet for your vehicle! Just shoot me a private message with your VIN and an email address and I'll get it right over to you.

Katie O.
    Cadillac Customer Care

conedoctor is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320

This whole tread is disturbing, like my spelling.

How in the world are you supposed to know what to do in a low traction or panic situation if you don't know where your drive wheels are?

Oh wait that's right most people just push the brakes and hope for the best till they hit something rather than learning how to drive and get out of it.

K im good, not meant to point at anyone so don't get all hurt about it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.