Help with upgrading stereo to Nav system on 2007 SRX
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Help with upgrading stereo to Nav system on 2007 SRX in Cadillac SRX Forums; Hi there...I'm new, so I'm going to try to post a question and I hope I can get help and ...
    mvangreene is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX

Help with upgrading stereo to Nav system on 2007 SRX

Hi there...I'm new, so I'm going to try to post a question and I hope I can get help and answers... I bought a 2007 SRX a few months ago and I'm guessing there's a disc stuck in the stereo. It's a basic stereo with Bose sound. I purchased an '07 SRX Nav system from eBay, which arrived today. Can I install it or will there be problems with this? Do I have to have a nav disk for it to work? It seems like everything I've done with this car has been an incredible challenge! I'm desperate for help and have so many more questions. Please let me know ASAP, if I can install it and if it'll work properly. I'm so nervous about spending this amount of money on something that may be a huge issue for me.

Thanks so very much!
    Michael

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

mjcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 1SG STS4, 05 V6 SRX4 (retired 03 DeVille)

Re: Help with upgrading stereo to Nav system on 2007 SRX

Not really sure about 07, I know the 04-06 are not plug and play, they require a bit of work,
    STS is plug and play, just install it, find the VSS and connect your new unit to it and everything will work,
    so IS the 07 SRX like the STS or like the older SRX thats I'm not sure about.

HER_SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX

Hey Michael also a 2007 here. When you say "nav system" are you talking about taking out the whole sound system unit on the dash? I am very frustrated with the outdated nature of my nav (probably from 2005 maps) and the cost of the disc I stopped using it. I find the phone maps available for Apple and Droid systems to be excellent, with real time updates. I always wondered why nav system upgrades weren't free in GM's marquee brand...😕

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

conedoctor is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320

Because giving stuff away is not a wise business model.

There are posts on the forum of people who have done this, my 04 and 09 had nav so I never looked into it.

n7don_srx is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac '07 SRX-V6 RWD, '03 Envoy, '95 S10 pu

Quote Originally Posted by HER_SRX View Post
    am very frustrated with the outdated nature of my nav (probably from 2005 maps) and the cost of the disc I stopped using it. I find the phone maps available for Apple and Droid systems to be excellent, with real time updates. I always wondered why nav system upgrades weren't free in GM's marquee brand...��

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    Actually free updated maps were included for 2 yrs with the 07. I've found a couple updated map DVD's on ebay for under $50... may be one iteration off from current. Agree $200 for the update is not an attractive alternative! With that said when travelling into new territory I take the Garmin or tablet(google maps) as backup

ukmat71 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Not 100% sure but I'm guessing if you swap in the radio with built in sat nav it won't work as I think the sat antennae are built into the rear side windows or top of front screen. So they won't be there if you didn't have the option when it was built.

mjcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 1SG STS4, 05 V6 SRX4 (retired 03 DeVille)

Quote Originally Posted by ukmat71 View Post
    Not 100% sure but I'm guessing if you swap in the radio with built in sat nav it won't work as I think the sat antennae are built into the rear side windows or top of front screen. So they won't be there if you didn't have the option when it was built.
    That's not the issue, most people are selling the unit with the antenna, the question is does it have the same harness in the back or it's something different?
    STS have the same across all the options, CTS first gen have a different harness for the Nav unit! so you'll have to modify that.

holstbnet is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Hello.. I did this swap on my mother's 09 SRX a few months back. It's mostly plug and play but the VSS wire is NOT in the dash anywhere, you have to tap it under the hood. My write up can be found here: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums.../t-421474.html

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.