Rear AC Question
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Rear AC Question in Cadillac SRX Forums; Hey guys, We are looking for new vehicle for the wife. Currently she is driving my 2000 Tahoe. Primary reason ...
    orange57 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS Northstar RWD

Rear AC Question

Hey guys,

We are looking for new vehicle for the wife. Currently she is driving my 2000 Tahoe. Primary reason is it has rear AC that comes out of the ceiling. Does the SRX have this feature? I know the Denali's and Escalades and Tahoes do, but we are looking for something a little smaller. The AC from the roof is kind of a key factor, as when we put the kids in there with the rear facing car seats, it is the only way to keep them cool here in Phoenix.

Any input, or pictures is much appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

glake89 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 srx awd v6, 07 Solstice GXP

Re: Rear AC Question

Yes, SRXs have rear AC, from ceiling.
    __________________________________________________ ________________

This site is too much fun to not be a supporter
    Been fixin' cars for 71 years
    Some of what I know comes from experience, some from reading or listening,-most of it, I just make up

Great! Thanks for the quick reply

JayTF1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE
    Just utilized this yesterday.....

Set the front to 'aux' and let the kids modulate their own temperature in the rear with the second dial. Worked like a charm

J Bubba is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX Sport, 2008 CTS

ok, so my kids love this feature, but why don't they vent the hot air through the rear ducts too?? they freeze in the winter back there. My CTS has rear ducts that blow whatever air you want through them.

JayTF1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE

k, so my kids love this feature, but why don't they vent the hot air through the rear ducts too?? they freeze in the winter back there. My CTS has rear ducts that blow whatever air you want through them.
    Its likely to due with the logistics of the AC compressor, which is mounted in the drivers left rear quarter.

From the front, it only ducts through the floor vents to the back. If the kids are cold in the back, be sure to use the floor setting once all your defrosting is done.

It makes a huge difference. I had an STS, and it was in the center console, and actually having it turned to cool made a difference in the temperature of the cab.

I sold the STS because for a full size sedan, the back seat wasn't very accommodating of a car seat.

We are looking for an SRX now, especially since it has the ceiling vents We have seen a couple on CL. There was one that we missed on Sunday that sold right before I called about it that looked great. Oh well, soon

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.