I really do like my SRX
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, I really do like my SRX in Cadillac SRX Forums; Is my 2006 SRX V-8 RWD perfect? Far from it. Is it fun to drive? Absolutely. Do I like the ...
    warreneaux is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 SRX V8 Black/Black

I really do like my SRX

Is my 2006 SRX V-8 RWD perfect? Far from it.
    Is it fun to drive? Absolutely.
    Do I like the vehicle. I really do.
    Do I get frustrated at times with the things that are not right?
    You betch'um Red Ryder.
    I recently made a 800 mile round trip and it performed great.
    At the end of this month I will make another 800 mile trip.
    Looking forward to the drive. Different destination this time.
    This car has 41,000 miles on it, goes out of GMPP in September or 62,000 miles so Sept. will be it.
    Has GMPP been out anything on this vehicle.
    Yes sir and yes ma'am. Plenty.
    Will I keep it after end of warranty. Probably.
    I have a 2014 Black/Black Genesis 3.6 and it is also a fun vehicle.
    For some reason I drive the SRX more often than the Genesis.
    The Genesis does get better gas mileage, might be a bit quicker, is quieter but I just like my Caddy. It does seem to be a bit better in "the warm fuzzy feeling" department.
    Are there issues with it still? Yes.
    MRC's seem to rattle until warmed up, little whines dealer can't hear.
    Do you notice most auto technicians are hard of hearing. lol
    Don't mean that to be disrespectful but they can never hear what I hear.
    Anyway, I read about all the problems on these cars and just wanted a bit of positive spin for a change.
    Thanks for reading.
    Earl

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

BEARBAIT1973 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 SRX V8 AWD

Re: I really do like my SRX

I agree! Have a 2004 SRX AWD N* with 70k+ miles and love it. Only major problems were stretched transfer case chain(fixed it myself) and a leak in AC which resulted in new compressor. Pretty well loaded,except for dreaded sunroof(would never have a vehicle with one again). Love the power,looks and comfort. Plan to keep it for at least 2 more years unless I can find a bank to rob to buy a new one!LOL

Gary G is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 SRX

I was beginning to wonder after joining this forum last week. I had searched for a SRX with all the options and low miles that I wanted (30K). Found a one owner with 30K on it in Detroit. Flew there last week and drove it home. Outside of the 19 miles per gallon ( which was just a bit lower than I had expected, but I was pushing hard about 5-10 miles over the speed limit) it performed beautifully. I had wanted an SUV for several reasons, one being our older car, a Jaguar S type sat so low to the ground that my wife and I ached after a couple of hours on a trip. I drove the SRX for 3 solid days and never had leg cramps, hips pains and could see great from a higher ride. I also wanted luxury suv that could pull a small hybrid camp trailer. I brought it home and put new tires on it, had it aligned and it is a great rig to drive. I just had a trailer hitch installed and will go pick up the hybrid trailer in Montana in about 10 days.

The SRX has the 20 inch wheels, the sports package and I believe every option but the rear DVD and the 6 CD changer. It used 1 1/2 quarts of oil on the 2,400 mile trip back to Seattle, which I read is to be expected.

I don't know of a car without some problems eventually. The Jag, although a great car, had it's own issues as well. The neighbors thought my SRX was brand new and says it has a very unique styling. My son here in Seattle has the next generation SRX (2012) and says he likes the way mine drives and handles better! LOL. I love the ride and the quietness the most. Great power, even with the v-6.

Maybe my song will change in a few months, but I'm hoping not. I've had two prior Cadillacs and guess I'm hooked.

I'm glad to be a part of the forum. I have learned so much already and look forward to being informed of the car's 'personality'.

Quote Originally Posted by BEARBAIT1973 View Post
    I agree! Have a 2004 SRX AWD N* with 70k+ miles and love it. Only major problems were stretched transfer case chain(fixed it myself) and a leak in AC which resulted in new compressor. Pretty well loaded,except for dreaded sunroof(would never have a vehicle with one again). Love the power,looks and comfort. Plan to keep it for at least 2 more years unless I can find a bank to rob to buy a new one!LOL
    Mine doesn't have the Sun Roof either. Does have 6-CD and rear DVD. I Have never played the DVD, I guess I should pop one in just to be sure.
    I am not too keen on the new SRX. Have had them as a loaner twice and they are to me, just not what I want.
    Earl

----------

I really have to pet mine to get 19mpg but it can be done with the V-8.
    Speaking od thinking it is newer than it is, some friends recently moved back to Houston after being gone for many years.
    They had seen my 2014 Genesis, than last Sunday we were in the SRX. His comment was, "wow, two new vehicles, a new Genesis and a new Cadillac. You've done well. When I told him it was 8 years old he could not believe it.
    Gary G., you will enjoy this Forum.
    Earl

UPDATE;
    I just returned from the 800 mile round trip.
    The SRX performed great.
    The morning I left I added a can of Chevron Techron Plus injector cleaner to a 3/4 tank of Gas.
    I could seem to tell the difference on the way home. A bit smoother running.
    I don't know what it would take to improve gas mileage other than a lock-out speed of not over 60mph. lol
    I did average 18.8 and the average mph showed 62.2.
    There are intermittent zones with 75 mph limit, then down to 65, then 55 back to 70, then 75. You know the deal.
    At times I would cruise at 80-85 for a short time.
    It is a great highway vehicle.
    One issue that is driving me nuts.
    At 70 mph I hear a, loud sound. It seems to be from the middle of the dash area.
    If I slow down below 70 it goes away. If I speed up, here it comes. The faster I go the louder it gets.
    Slow to below 70, it goes away.
    The sound: A fan sound as if it has a playing card hitting the blades as they rotate.
    It seems to be worse if the wind is blowing and yesterday it was.
    I will keep looking, but so far I am baffled.
    Earl
    I thought I had it fixed once, but it came back.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.