Looking to purchase a SRX
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Looking to purchase a SRX in Cadillac SRX Forums; Hi there, I am looking for some helpful info on purchasing a SRX. I am looking at a couple online ...
    SaturnFan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Hoping for SRX

Looking to purchase a SRX

Hi there, I am looking for some helpful info on purchasing a SRX. I am looking at a couple online in my area, and I was hoping for the V8. Anything in particular i should be looking for or, looking to avoid?

I came across a 2004 with the V8, looks fully loaded other than the NAV system, and rear video system.
    has 187000 km's on it. (yes I am Canadian) 1

Thanks for the help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

HER_SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX

Re: Looking to purchase a SRX

More engine-related problems with the V6:than the V8. But yours is a first year of production SRX which could entail some problems with fit anf finish items. But let's assume the previous owner sorted all that out. Then, like with any purchase, ask about repair records and above all else, get a pre purchase inspection by someone who knows about the SRX!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Whiplash_89 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 SRX V8 AWD, 04 NSRT4

I would honestly never purchase another SRX again. The idea was so good, when they are working properly they are awesome cars/trucks. But they have so many issues which are not cheap to fix. Some of the issues are small some are big like any other car. IMO the negatives outweigh the positives, but that's not saying your opinion may be the exact opposite. My experience was constantly "this should not be happening on a cadillac"... Like I said the idea for this car was good, but executed very poorly by pre-bankruptcy GM.

rollytaba is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 srx v8 white diamond

My advice, read along this forum and decide yourself. Mine is 05 v8 fully loaded with magnetic rc. Ride quality is the best! But, mpg is awful @ 11.8 mpg city driving on premium gas...and the rest, just browse on...Good Luck!

rlh6805 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 SRX AWD 3.6L

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash_89 View Post
    I would honestly never purchase another SRX again. The idea was so good, when they are working properly they are awesome cars/trucks. But they have so many issues which are not cheap to fix. Some of the issues are small some are big like any other car. IMO the negatives outweigh the positives, but that's not saying your opinion may be the exact opposite. My experience was constantly "this should not be happening on a cadillac"... Like I said the idea for this car was good, but executed very poorly by pre-bankruptcy GM.
    Spot on post!!!

3redlines is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 SLS

I drove 700 miles to get the SRX I wanted about 4 months ago. 2004,V8, MRC, Nav, no sunroof. The only disappointment was it was advertised as RWD but was AWD, I didn't care for the extra baggage. I inspected it thoroughly and was aware it needed a rear wheel bearing and steering position sensor. I drove it home, made the repairs and so far have had 6425 miles of trouble free bliss, averaging just over 19MPG.

Maybe I haven't had it long enough to have the catastrophic failures others speak of, but so far I regret nothing!

(edit) Just saw your handle. Former Saturn Vue fanatic here

Irishwhisky1956 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): radiant bronze '08 SRX4

I really enjoy my 08 SRX4 V6, it has a very unique look, the ride is great and if you can purchase a service contract to help defray some of the inevitable repairs that come with any used vehicle do by all means get yourself an SRX, but remember GM's fingerprints are all over the vehicle so some of the DIY projects require the patience of Job and the logic of Rube Goldberg to perform

SaturnFan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Hoping for SRX

Quote Originally Posted by 3redlines View Post

(edit) Just saw your handle. Former Saturn Vue fanatic here
    That is exactly what I have 04 (honda)V6 AWD. I love the thing but was looking for something a little more classy. haha

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Irishwhisky1956 View Post
    I really enjoy my 08 SRX4 V6, it has a very unique look, the ride is great and if you can purchase a service contract to help defray some of the inevitable repairs that come with any used vehicle do by all means get yourself an SRX, but remember GM's fingerprints are all over the vehicle so some of the DIY projects require the patience of Job and the logic of Rube Goldberg to perform
    I love a challenge and working on my own vehicles. I have only owned GM's and right now a GM with a Honda Motor. So I have patience! I will keep doing my research, you are all so helpful!

pennypup is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '07 V8 SRX4 w/ Sport Package

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash_89 View Post
    Bold: this exactly. I love my SRX but have had nothing but problems with it since purchase a couple years ago. I have the v8 with sport package, just missing 3rd row, nav and video, and have never had any engine trouble. All my trouble arises from the undercarriage.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.