2005 Cadillac SRX Oil Leak/Rattling- Williamson Cadillac sold me a lemon
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By glake89
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, 2005 Cadillac SRX Oil Leak/Rattling- Williamson Cadillac sold me a lemon in Cadillac SRX Forums; I purchased a 2005 Cadillac SRX V8 from Williamson Cadillac in Miami, Fl on 7/2012. I used the carfax the ...
    evecharity is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac SRX V8

Thumbs down 2005 Cadillac SRX Oil Leak/Rattling- Williamson Cadillac sold me a lemon

I purchased a 2005 Cadillac SRX V8 from Williamson Cadillac in Miami, Fl on 7/2012. I used the carfax the dealer provided me with to verify that the car had no major damage, rebuilt or mechanical issues. The carfax did mention an accident, the salesman said it was mior damage to the door from it being opened against something. I also noticed some repairs in the last year, but the carfax and delaer assured me all issues were resolved and the vehicle passed a thorough inspection. From inception, I smelled burnt oil and heard a rattling sound when I accelerated -I complained to the dealer who assured me it was nothing. I continued to have these problems and everytime I took the car in to the dealer for an oil change, I asked them to look at it. They were unable to find the cause or problem. On my most recent trip to the dealer for an oil change The dealer gave me a 2k bill for an oil and radiator leak and suggested I trade the car in because its not worth fixing. I purchased the car on 7/2012 for 15999. I got a trade in value for the car of 7k that is a huge depreciation in 20 months.

I am now tryign to sell my car and the buyers pulled the car fax on my car. They decided not to buy the car because the car fax said the car was in a major accident, had structual damage to the frame and is a rebuilt title. Did the dealer doctor the carfax and lie to me? The car has not been in a major accident since in my posession.

I am certain the dealer sold me a car with problems and tried to cover it up and when the warranty expired they gave me a bill for service/repairs. Did they also fake a crfax to get me to buy the car? Help. Anyone else with similar experience at Williamson Cadillac?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

glake89 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 srx awd v6, 07 Solstice GXP

Re: 2005 Cadillac SRX Oil Leak/Rattling- Williamson Cadillac sold me a lemon

Sounds like you have as much a problem with Carfax as with the dealer. First step, state AG or consumer protection, second step, a good (if there is such a thing) lawyer.
    __________________________________________________ ________________

This site is too much fun to not be a supporter
    Been fixin' cars for 71 years
    Some of what I know comes from experience, some from reading or listening,-most of it, I just make up

evecharity is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac SRX V8

Thank you. I filed a complaint with my state depatrment of consumer affairs and the federal ftc. I also found this on the FTC site.

If You Have Problems
    If you have a problem that you think is covered by a warranty or service contract, follow the instructions to get service. If a dispute arises, try to work it out with the dealer. Talk with the salesperson or, if necessary, the owner of the dealership. Many problems can be resolved at this level. However, if you believe you're entitled to service, but the dealer disagrees, you have some options:•If your warranty is backed by a car manufacturer, contact the local representative of the manufacturer. The local or zone representative is authorized to adjust and decide issues of warranty service and repairs to satisfy customers. Some manufacturers also are willing to repair certain problems in specific models for free, even if the manufacturer's warranty does not cover the problem. Ask the manufacturer's zone representative or the service department of a franchised dealership that sells your car model whether there is such a policy.
    •Contact your state Attorney General or the American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators. You also might consider using a dispute resolution organization if you and the dealer are willing. Under the terms of many warranties, this may be a required first step before you can sue the dealer or manufacturer. Check your warranty to see if this is the case. If you bought your car from a franchised dealer, you may be able to seek mediation through the Automotive Consumer Action Program (AUTOCAP), a dispute resolution program coordinated nationally by the National Automobile Dealers Association and sponsored through state and local dealer associations in many cities. Check with the dealer association in your area to see if they operate a mediation program.
    If none of these steps is successful, small claims court is an option. Here, you can resolve disputes involving small amounts of money, often without an attorney. The clerk of your local small claims court can tell you how to file a suit and the dollar limit in your state.The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act also may be helpful. Under this federal law, you can sue based on breach of express warranties, implied warranties, or service contracts. If successful, consumers can recover reasonable attorneys' fees and other court costs. A lawyer can advise you if this law applies.

glake89 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 srx awd v6, 07 Solstice GXP

Sounds like you have things covered. Now it's just going to be a frustrating and long hassle to get a satisfactory resolve.Never give up, never give in.
    sgilbert likes this.
    __________________________________________________ ________________

This site is too much fun to not be a supporter
    Been fixin' cars for 71 years
    Some of what I know comes from experience, some from reading or listening,-most of it, I just make up

denninc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 SRX V8
    I would get a current copy of your vehicles carfax to see what is on it, if you don't already have one. (Compare to what they gave you when you bought it) Contact BBB and file a complaint. (I looked them up and they are rated "B") not sure this will get you much, but at least you'll have it documented Good luck

Sheepish is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD

This seemed like a pertinent article.

https://autos.yahoo.com/news/certifi...173000401.html

basically, don't trust dealerships. Ever.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.