Please HELP!!! My 2007 SRX needs a door lock, car is junk without it!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Please HELP!!! My 2007 SRX needs a door lock, car is junk without it! in Cadillac SRX Forums; I had a previous thread about LH front door not opening on my 2007 SRX, got some helpful replies and ...
    CAD_59 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX; 1959 Eldorado Brougham

Please HELP!!! My 2007 SRX needs a door lock, car is junk without it!

I had a previous thread about LH front door not opening on my 2007 SRX, got some helpful replies and have now tracked it down to the internal door lock mechanism (the seat has to come out to get the panel off!). OK so at first I was relieved, just buy the new door lock part and there we go... THINK AGAIN! The situation is now a disaster and the car is junk unless I can find the answer... this part has been DISCONTINUED by GM and is not available anywhere in the world, with no ETA for new stock. I am in England, the SRX is an export (Euro) model and is factory right hand drive. The door lock assembly is part # 25876526
    As the door is locked shut, this means the car is dangerous to drive until it's fixed. Worse still, it would actually be illegal to drive it as "door not opening" is a mandatory failure on our yearly vehicle safety certificate here in UK (I guess it's the same in other countries too). That means car is undriveable and unsaleable unless it can be somehow fixed. The only thoughts I have are... A) is the door lock assy from a standard LHD 2007 SRX going to be similar enough to use? Sure, it is a different part # but surely there can't be much difference? B) I've heard that even the standard model lock part is unobtainable so I'd be talking about a lock from a parted-out vehicle. Any advice gratefully received!! I can't believe that Cadillac would discontinue such a basic part for a car that is only 6 or 7 years old! Especially as, I keep saying, the car is otherwise perfect but is undriveable with this stupid fault, all for a $100 part!
    Thanks! Stephen (CAD_59)

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ukmat71 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Please HELP!!! My 2007 SRX needs a door lock, car is junk without it!

welcome to the forum fellow UK enthusiast.
    i know what your feeling , if i had done some research before buying my SRX then i would not have bothered.
    There are only around 11 SRX's in the UK and i believe of those there are only a handfull that are right hand drive.
    the dealers are non existent in the UK so you will have to do some searching around.
    the main one Cadillac Europe recommends is Bauer Miller, but are only any help if you purchased the vehicle from them i have found, they simply dont want to know.

after some searching i found a little dealership in Surrey , a Saab dealer but they do deal with Caddy's

http://www.ianallanmotors.com/

Wentworth Garage
    Sandhills Lane
    Virginia Water
    Surrey
    GU25 4BT

Tel: 01344 842 801
    Fax : 01344 840 900

ask for a guy called John Stow , he helped me out and knows a guy they call Mr Cadillac who seems to know everything there is to know about our cars.

the only other thing i can think is that the door parts must be the same as for all the left hand drive vehicles they must be interchangable as are many parts.
    try a breakers yard in the States , Germany or Holland as they have a load of SRX's that way.

searching Ebay found one from a salvage yard, that may work

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cadillac-SRX...6851c9&vxp=mtr

not entirely sure what it is your after as that part number does not seem to come up with anything , could it be a cast number or something?

hope that was of some help anyway buddy.

Marcus

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.