Is there a way to reset the EBCM on 2005 Cadillac SRX without a computer???
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Is there a way to reset the EBCM on 2005 Cadillac SRX without a computer??? in Cadillac SRX Forums; Hi, I had the ABS and TC light come on in my truck when my mother had an accident with ...
    jaysevilla4 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac SRX

Is there a way to reset the EBCM on 2005 Cadillac SRX without a computer???

Hi,

I had the ABS and TC light come on in my truck when my mother had an accident with the vehicle. The mechanic that had checked the vehicle mentioned that the ground wire for the module was severed and that the readings he had for voltage were incorrect. So he had replaced the wiring and the lights still did not go off. He said that the module needed to be reset most likely but that he did not have the equipment to do so. I called the dealer and they wanted to charge me $200+ for the flash however they also wanted to diagnose themselves and wanted to charge me $90 for that as well. The mechanic before told me that he's very confident that all it needs is to be reset however he wasn't sure if there was any other way to do so without the computer but recommended me to ask on a cadillac forum as he knows that there are some cars that is possible to do without one. So I figured I'd ask here.

Any advice or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jay

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

glake89 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 srx awd v6, 07 Solstice GXP

Re: Is there a way to reset the EBCM on 2005 Cadillac SRX without a computer???

I can't find anything about 'resetting' the ECBM unless it has been replaced. My opinion, if you have the ABS and TC lights on, you also have several DTCs; we need to know what those are. Generally the lights go off after several driving cycles without the faults present or can be turned off with any good scan tool. The accident may have jarred something loose that you haven't found yet.
    __________________________________________________ ________________

This site is too much fun to not be a supporter
    Been fixin' cars for 71 years
    Some of what I know comes from experience, some from reading or listening,-most of it, I just make up

jaysevilla4 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac SRX

So oddly enough, when I used a scan tool to see if any codes were firing, it said there was none. I'm not sure what other options I have. Is there a way to flash the module without a computer?

dkozloski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger

Did you use an el-cheapo engine code only scanner or a high end scanner that will read the body codes you're interested in?
    Don't mess with Binky Bear!

Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car

To flash the module you need a tech 2 or potentially the MDI tool that Gm is using now could do it. Along with either a paid subscription to tis2web or a copy of the older DVD based tis2000 and appropriate hardware based security token which may or may not contain the software you are needing. Also if there weren't any updates issued there likely won't be a copy of the software to flash it to your car.

conedoctor is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320

Find an independent shop with the right tools and see what their price is.

rlh6805 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 SRX AWD 3.6L

Quote Originally Posted by conedoctor View Post
    Find an independent shop with the right tools and see what their price is.
    Good advice here!! A good independent shop will have the proper tools and will be able to diagnose the issue properly.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.