Special Warranty?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Special Warranty? in Cadillac SRX / XT5 Forums; Good morning all, I just received an On Star diagnostics that mentions a 120,000 miles/ 10-year Special Coverage 11340* warranty ...
    Beauty1529 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX V6

Special Warranty?

Good morning all,

I just received an On Star diagnostics that mentions a 120,000 miles/ 10-year Special Coverage 11340* warranty for my 2007 SRX. I can't find any information on it or who to contact for details. I just purchased this vehicle. Does anyone know what this warranty covers and how I find out who to contact? Your help is greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Sheepish is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD

Re: Special Warranty?

https://my.cadillac.com/

go there, create and account and enter your VIN and it'll show you all the warranties (and extended ones) that you have. My guess is maybe timing chain? not 100% sure.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service

Quote Originally Posted by Beauty1529 View Post
    Good morning all,

I just received an On Star diagnostics that mentions a 120,000 miles/ 10-year Special Coverage 11340* warranty for my 2007 SRX. I can't find any information on it or who to contact for details. I just purchased this vehicle. Does anyone know what this warranty covers and how I find out who to contact? Your help is greatly appreciated.
    Hi Beauty1529,

I hope you are enjoying your new Cadillac! I am happy to look into this further and provide any information to address your question. Please private message me with your VIN to discuss this further. I look forward to hearing from you!

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

5. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

rlh6805 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 SRX AWD 3.6L

This is what my warranty tracker says for my 09: 120072 Miles/10 Year Special Coverage 11340 *

It is for the POS timing chains that GM used in the LY7 engines that are used in these cars. The timing chains are prone to stretching (it will set a code). Big problem for GM, but they were nice enough to give us all this extended warranty specifically covering them.3

Here is the letter that GM sent out to owners -> http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/acms/cs...43857-8394.pdf

repnatl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by rlh6805 View Post
    This is what my warranty tracker says for my 09: 120072 Miles/10 Year Special Coverage 11340 *

It is for the POS timing chains that GM used in the LY7 engines that are used in these cars. The timing chains are prone to stretching (it will set a code). Big problem for GM, but they were nice enough to give us all this extended warranty specifically covering them.3

Here is the letter that GM sent out to owners -> http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/acms/cs...43857-8394.pdf
    07 and up according to gm and only certain vins got the coverage even though the chain issue has been around since 04.

8. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.