Misfire P0430 and P0420 - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Misfire P0430 and P0420 in Cadillac SRX Forums; I plan on checking the injectors myself later on today. Your mention of unburned fuel has me questioning whether the ...
    st8w8 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 SRX 2000 Deville 1994 Seville STS
    I plan on checking the injectors myself later on today. Your mention of unburned fuel has me questioning whether the shop is right or wrong. I can actually smell gas while I'm driving. Not like when you pump gas at the station but more of a gas and burnt oil kind of smell. My dad told me I was burning to rich if I could smell the exhaust like that. Hopefully I can get to the bottom of this. Also does this sound like a bad timing chain?

glake89 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 srx awd v6, 07 Solstice GXP

Re: Misfire P0430 and P0420

N*s aren't known for chain problems. If you're going to take things apart, why not switch #6 & 8 injectors with #s 2&4 and see if the miss goes with them. Erase codes before test.
    __________________________________________________ ________________

This site is too much fun to not be a supporter
    Been fixin' cars for 71 years
    Some of what I know comes from experience, some from reading or listening,-most of it, I just make up

Got around to taking the fuel rail off and going to switch 6 and 8 out with 2 and 4. I took all the injectors out and the all have like sandy dirt at the bottom and 6 and 8 looked kind of burnt or dirty. Is this normal

image-564787639.jpg

Is this normal
    I would say, maybe for an engine with a lot of miles, but not for a good running engine. SC2150 is more qualified to know. Bet if you replace them your miss goes away.

Some of what I know comes from experience, some from reading or listening,-most of it, I just make up

So I replaced both injectors on 6 and 8. $60 each at oreilly auto parts. Still got same codes for misfire on 6 and 8 plus three more codes p0068 p1101 and abs code c0242. Car is idling really rough now and brakes are really hard to push.

Basically, 1101 is saying you have 0068 which is related to airflow, vacuum leak etc. Recheck all lines you moved when working on the injectors, PCV etc. C0242 was probably set because of the 0068. Here is the description for 242 "The electronic brake control module (EBCM) and the powertrain control module (PCM) simultaneously control the traction control. The EBCM sends a serial data message to the PCM requesting torque reduction. When certain PCM DTCs are set, the PCM will not be able to perform the torque reduction for traction control. A serial data message is sent to the EBCM indicating that traction control is not allowed."

Do you want to do some DMM tests for the injectors and coils? If so, PM your email and I'll send pdfs from the SM.

I'm thinking it's time for a compression leakdown test on # 6 & 8.

Got under the hood again the other day. The new codes I had are gone. Hose wasnt connected to the back of the plenum. It's been 2 days since I cleared the codes and nothing but P0300 is still showing up. No p036 or p038 but still has the rough idle. same as before. planning on doing the compression leakdown test next. also does anyone know how to decipher freeze frame data from obd2 scan tool.

http://www.lbcc.edu/attc/documents/OBD2.pdf
    go to page 76 (66 on the drop down) of the pdf.
    This is from our SM-
    • Verify that the ECM contains the correct software/calibration. If incorrect programming is found, reprogram the ECM with the most current software/calibration. Refer to Service Programming System (SPS) in Programming.
    Duplicating Failure Conditions

If the previous tests were not successful, attempt to duplicate and/or capture the failure conditions.

Freeze Frame/Failure Records data, where applicable, contains the conditions that were present when the DTC set.

Review and record the Freeze Frame/Failure Records data.
    Clear any DTCs with a scan tool.
    Turn OFF the key and wait 15 seconds.
    Operate the vehicle under the same conditions that were noted in Freeze Frame/Failure Records. The vehicle must also be operating within the Conditions For Running the DTC. Refer to Conditions for Running the DTC in the supporting text of the DTC being diagnosed.
    Monitor DTC status for the DTC being tested. The scan tool will indicate Ran when the enabling conditions have been satisfied long enough for the DTC to run. The scan tool will also indicate whether the DTC passed or failed.
    An alternate method is to drive the vehicle with a DMM connected to a suspected circuit. An abnormal reading on the DMM when the problem occurs may help you locate the problem.

Scan Tool Snapshot

The scan tool can be set up to take a snapshot of the parameters available via serial data. The Snapshot function records live data over a period of time. The recorded data can be played back and analyzed. The scan tool can also graph parameters singly or in combinations of parameters for comparison. The snapshot can be triggered manually at the time the symptom is noticed or set up in advance to trigger when a DTC sets.

An abnormal value captured in the recorded data may point to a system or component that needs to be investigated further.

Refer to the scan tool user instructions for more information on the Snapshot function.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.