08 SRX Oil Usage - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, 08 SRX Oil Usage in Cadillac SRX Forums; Sadly my built ram 1500 sees better highway mpg than the 3.6....
    repnatl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Sadly my built ram 1500 sees better highway mpg than the 3.6.

rlh6805 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 SRX AWD 3.6L

Re: 08 SRX Oil Usage

Quote Originally Posted by TravissV View Post
    Thanks RLH! I love the vehicle so will most likely put up with this. It seems like people are driving these things for years with no issues other than having to add some oil here and there. I hope this doesn't progress! If you get a chance...I'd love your input on my other post right next to this one regarding road noise. Have a great weekend.
    I like mine too. I usually have to add about a quart for every 3k miles, which is below GM's threshold for excessive oil consumption. Some use more and others report less. Low tension rings that are used in these engines are partly to blame as well as a poor PCV system.

TravissV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Even if it had higher consumption...does GM back up oil consumption on a 2008 with 85k miles?

nascarnation is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 SRX V6 AWD

Quote Originally Posted by repnatl View Post
    Sadly my built ram 1500 sees better highway mpg than the 3.6.
    Sounds like you need to dump your SRX and put that same magic into a "built" Durango.

SC2150 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS

You can try the drill mod and the RX catchcan system and after the rings free up you should see a reduction, if not elimination of the oil consumption (may take a few thousand miles). There are several causes. Let me know if you want more details....(PM me)
    RX Performance Products/RevXtreme.com 941-721-1826

Quote Originally Posted by nascarnation View Post

Sounds like you need to dump your SRX and put that same magic into a "built" Durango.

Lol been there done that just like the size of the ram. 600lb cattle guard makes ppl get out of the way btw owned 2 durangos with vortechs. Srx is in storage till it's paid off I refuse to drive it and don't want it in my garage wasting space.

Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car

Donate it. Get a tax write off.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludacrisvp View Post
    Donate it. Get a tax write off.
    Not worried about the tax write off. I wouldn't want any family to experience the hell I've gone through with this. Its only going to continue to have problems and I don't want that on my conscience for the other family. As soon as I get the title I just want to see this thing crushed and be done with it.

Gary G is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 SRX

I just returned back to Seattle from purchasing my 08 SRX (V-6) in Detroit and got 19 MPG average over all on the 2400 mile trip. I was expecting a bit better but the Cadillac dealer said the 20' rims (because of the wind drag for wider tires) lowers the mpg as well as the AWD version like mine. I"m glad to learn about the oil usage. I just checked mine and it is about a quart low. I will check this on a very regular basis.

On another note, I just put brand new Toyo tires on it and it drives and rides 100% better than the original Goodyear's that came with the rig. They were just about shot since the rig just has 30Ks on it. I almost bought the Bridgestone's that were recommended but I wanted more of a softer, comfortable ride for the wife and all. These were also highly recommended.

I had 265/35/22 on mine and got almost 45k miles out if them and only showed alignment wear on the inside but the rest of the tire had about 75% tread left road decent nothing to brag about yup could tell it had rims when I bought it so I have n nothing to compare it to.

Irishwhisky1956 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): radiant bronze '08 SRX4

I have put 3 qts of oil in my 3.6 since an oil change 3500 miles ago, when I mentioned this to the dealer as I was setting up an apt to fix A/C he seemed to be oblivious to my question almost as if I am the only owner having this problem... Looks like the decision to put a service contract on it is a good one. But I do enjoy driving this car and it looks beautiful

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.