New purchase
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, New purchase in Cadillac SRX / XT5 Forums; HI All! I just purchased a 2006 Cadillac SRX. I absolutely love it! I am in need of assistance though. ...
    tiffsmom is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

Thumbs upNew purchase

HI All! I just purchased a 2006 Cadillac SRX. I absolutely love it! I am in need of assistance though. A piece broke off and I am not even sure what it is! LOL This piece is located on both sides of the front grill. They appear to be some sort of cover or something like that. I need to buy a new piece but not sure what it is called and what the intent / purpose of this piece is. Can anyone help me?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car

Re: New purchase

sounds like it is the cover for the headlight washers.
    but photos would help!

This is from a STS (showing washing in action):

This is the SRX Sport model:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281086812237

Paul_P is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX 4 V6

Cool I wondered what those were. I just bought a 2007 SRX4 this past weekend. How do these activate I did not see anything in the very thick owners manual?

5. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

arw1510 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6, 2004 SRX 4.6 AWD, 2012 CTS 3.6 DI AWD
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_P View Post
    Cool I wondered what those were. I just bought a 2007 SRX4 this past weekend. How do these activate I did not see anything in the very thick owners manual?
    Usually when your headlights are on a and you use the windshield washer

Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car

Your headlights have to be on and it will spray the headlights 3 times on the first time you use the windshield washers, it will spray the headlights again every 5th time you spray your windshield during this ignition cycle / headlight usage.
    Also, as your fluid level gets lower once it gets to a certain point the pump that runs the headlights will receive no fluid leaving more for your windshield, it can be like this for a little while before you see the low fluid indicator.

Paul_P is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX 4 V6

Quote Originally Posted by Ludacrisvp View Post
    Your headlights have to be on and it will spray the headlights 3 times on the first time you use the windshield washers, it will spray the headlights again every 5th time you spray your windshield during this ignition cycle / headlight usage.
    Also, as your fluid level gets lower once it gets to a certain point the pump that runs the headlights will receive no fluid leaving more for your windshield, it can be like this for a little while before you see the low fluid indicator.
    Thank you sir!

9. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.