Cadillac SRX : Car shuts off when hard braking, clacking noise after
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Cadillac SRX : Car shuts off when hard braking, clacking noise after in Cadillac SRX Forums; Hey, First time poster, long time lingerer. I have a Cadillac SRX 2004, its in a very cared for state. ...
    truths is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac SRX

Cadillac SRX : Car shuts off when hard braking, clacking noise after

Hey,

First time poster, long time lingerer.

I have a Cadillac SRX 2004, its in a very cared for state. I ran accross a recent problem when I hard braked the car, I heard a clicking/clacking sound once fully stopped and my car engine shut off. I tested this again 2 times to do hard braking and same thing. Car shut off and became immobile.

All times this has happened theres a clicking/clacking sound for a few seconds that comes out before full shut down of the engine, anyone ever dealt with this before? Any clue what it could be?

edit: No its not the ABS system. The clicking clacking noise comes from the engine area, feels like lower part/central area.

Thank you,

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

glake89 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 srx awd v6, 07 Solstice GXP

Re: Cadillac SRX : Car shuts off when hard braking, clacking noise after

feels like lower part/central area.
    That's where the ABS is. You may have DTCs that didn't turn on the MIL.
    __________________________________________________ ________________

This site is too much fun to not be a supporter
    Been fixin' cars for 71 years
    Some of what I know comes from experience, some from reading or listening,-most of it, I just make up

I just tried to do it again and I focused on the dashboard. And same thing just happened. But what I noticed for a second/2, oil pressure message popped up on the central dash board just before shut down. Checked all my oils and everything, and everything is well above normal. I didnt have this problem in the winter. Could this be some kind of malfunctioning sensor now that its heating up? We just started getting warm temperatures here.
    Thanks for reply.

Or is this some bigger issue?

glake89 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 srx awd v6, 07 Solstice GXP

I think you have an oil level sensor in the oil pan. If it became uncovered it would likely shut down the engine. Get to a parts store and check for DTCs, just in case.
    __________________________________________________ ________________

This site is too much fun to not be a supporter
    Been fixin' cars for 71 years
    Some of what I know comes from experience, some from reading or listening,-most of it, I just make up

Ok I figured out what it was. So I flushed all the fluids, good thing I bought myself a hydraulic lift last year ))). Each time I would flush a fluid/oil transmission I would check what was up. So while replacing/flushing new fluid to the tranny, I tested it out.

It seemed that the transmission fluid needed to be flushed. After trying hard breaks and playing around, I havn't had a engine shut off since. Wonder then what it was? Most likely a sensor acting up.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.