front suspension help
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, front suspension help in Cadillac SRX Forums; I have a clunk-type noise that the front suspension is making on the passenger side of the vehicle. It's a ...
    brianw is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 SRX AWD V8 - 2014 F-150 SCREW

Question front suspension help

I have a clunk-type noise that the front suspension is making on the passenger side of the vehicle. It's a 2004 SRX, V8, AWD with 108,000 miles (roughly). I noticed some play in the tire and assumed that it was possible it could be the wheel bearing. The noise is most pronounced when hitting bumps on that side. Our driveway is at a different level than the pavement...you can hear the clunk just backing out of the driveway.

I replaced the bearing and am still getting the same noise from the passenger side front suspension. What should be my next step? Other than to go through and start replacing suspension components, I'm not sure what to do next. Sway bar end links...tie rods...lca?

Is $183.07 a good deal for a lower control arm? gmpartsdirect.

Any help is appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

glake89 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 srx awd v6, 07 Solstice GXP

Re: front suspension help

Most blame this on lower control arm bushings.
    __________________________________________________ ________________

This site is too much fun to not be a supporter
    Been fixin' cars for 71 years
    Some of what I know comes from experience, some from reading or listening,-most of it, I just make up

brianw is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 SRX AWD V8 - 2014 F-150 SCREW

Quote Originally Posted by glake89 View Post
    Most blame this on lower control arm bushings.
    That's what I figured would be the first response. At 108k I'm expecting that most of the items listed above will need replaced soon anyway...

repnatl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by brianw View Post

That's what I figured would be the first response. At 108k I'm expecting that most of the items listed above will need replaced soon anyway...
    Don't feel bad mine went through 4 dealer installed sets in less than 2 years. Common issue.

Kevin Monahan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

Just had a similar problem. It was the front lower control arm bushings in my 2006 SRX AWD. Yes, that is a good price for the control arms. As you probably know, can't buy just the bushings. Great GM business model.

conedoctor is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Monahan View Post
    Just had a similar problem. It was the front lower control arm bushings in my 2006 SRX AWD. Yes, that is a good price for the control arms. As you probably know, can't buy just the bushings. Great GM business model.
    GM is not the first and wont be the last, labour at the press is not free. Then you get some bonehead that will mess it up or bend it and now you need a new arm, for $183 your insane to change bushings.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.