RPO For my 2004 SRX please help!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, RPO For my 2004 SRX please help!! in Cadillac SRX Forums; Hi there!!! I'm having an issue with my torque converter and I need to find the RPO for my SRX. ...
    Gnemonic is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 SRX V6 AWD

RPO For my 2004 SRX please help!!

Hi there!!!

I'm having an issue with my torque converter and I need to find the RPO for my SRX. It is a 2004 3.6L AWD. Vin number is 1GYDE637140116824.

The trans was rebuilt but apparently the torque converter is not the correct one. The trans works perfect but when accelerated in neutral position and then changed to drive position it won't go forward until you put it in reverse and back to drive when it works fine again. Aparently the supplier sent the wrong converter. I want to know if it is a TCC or VCC and with the RPO I think I can solve this.

Thanks in advance for anyone that can help me with this!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car

Re: RPO For my 2004 SRX please help!!

Either a dealer can get the RPO list for you or you can find the Service parts identification label that shows you all the of the RPO codes that the car has. Unfortunately I don't recall where this label is in the SRX off the top of my head but I'd think it would be in the rear cargo area under the storage covers.

Jim_V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): SRX V8 RWD 2004
    Cadillac customer service on this site sent me all the info.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: RPO For my 2004 SRX please help!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gnemonic View Post
    Hi there!!!

I'm having an issue with my torque converter and I need to find the RPO for my SRX. It is a 2004 3.6L AWD. Vin number is 1GYDE637140116824.

The trans was rebuilt but apparently the torque converter is not the correct one. The trans works perfect but when accelerated in neutral position and then changed to drive position it won't go forward until you put it in reverse and back to drive when it works fine again. Aparently the supplier sent the wrong converter. I want to know if it is a TCC or VCC and with the RPO I think I can solve this.

Thanks in advance for anyone that can help me with this!!
    Hello Gnemonic,

I researched your VIN and I don’t see either TCC or VCC RPO code on your build sheet. If you would like a list of what I was able to pull up, I would be happy to send it to you in a private message. Please private message and let me know if that is something that you would like me to do. I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.