Cadillac Owners Forum banner

My 2006 Cadillac SRX just died.

1K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  3redlines 
#1 ·
My husband was driving the 2006 SRX when it suddenly jerked and stopped. We had the car for 5 months and we brought back to the dealer for service. They think it is the transmission. Has anyone had
problems like this? I am upset because Im still paying for it. It has 72,000 miles and its 8 years old.:(

#6 ·
My 04 V8 slips for a few seconds at cold start up but then runs great. When new it would only do it when really cold and dealer told me it is normal. Only normal until the warranty expires and then it is a problem. About a $3000 problem at that. Anyway 199000 miles and hopefully lasts another 100000 before I replace it.

#8 ·
My 04 SRX V8 AWD does the same thing when cold.Informed dealer of it and their response was "if it doesn't flip any codes,all is good" Has 70k plus and running great. Must be the nature of the beast! Did improve a little after trans. fluid change @60k. Owners manual recommends change @100k under normal use but mechanic said fluid was pretty dark and nasty looking. Glad I had it done then.
add me to that list - 2004 AWD V8

#7 ·
My 04 SRX V8 AWD does the same thing when cold.Informed dealer of it and their response was "if it doesn't flip any codes,all is good" Has 70k plus and running great. Must be the nature of the beast! Did improve a little after trans. fluid change @60k. Owners manual recommends change @100k under normal use but mechanic said fluid was pretty dark and nasty looking. Glad I had it done then.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.