Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Used 2008 SRX AWD 3.6 V6

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  conedoctor 
#1 ·
Really excellent suv with 74,000 miles and one owner with very good service records. Looks and runs like new. What can I do to get more than the 255 hp? I'm putting in iridium plugs, synthetic oil, new throttle body with 45% more air flow, a pair of cat back high flow mufflers and a cold air intake system. New coils and wires as well. I'm a bit obsessive about performance. I would put a set of headers on it if I could find some, but so far they are hiding from me.... if anyone can think of anything else I could do to increase the hp even more, I would appreciate it. My first Cadillac and I love it! Bob in San Luis Obispo, Ca.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#2 ·
How did you replace the wires when these trucks don't have them lol? The plenum spacer and a tune are all I've heard of. Australia has supercharged a 3.6 as far as I've seen. As far as power you should have gotten the n* THE 3.6 isn't known for power. I modded my stock airbox into a cold air intake and still looks factory but with an aftermarket cone filter inside of it.

#3 ·
Hey I couldn't help but notice ur post! I'm new to the forum and can't even figure out how to add a picture! Haha! But anyway I also own an srx , the 4.6 l v8 but an o5! I'm not sure if the options would be the same for u or not but along with the cold air intake I was able to find a high flow mass air flow sensor and I'm not sure if it's available for the v6 but Edelbroke makes the EFI universal supercharger kit which gives outrageous Hp gains! There's also different chips available ! I see ur in the states but the site I use is called Tdotperformance.ca! They have a lot if different options! I get lost for hours some days!

#4 ·
I don't think the changes you propose will get you much horsepower or torque but may allow you to get the most out of the 3.6...as for power, I don't find mine a dog...it's no Corvette but it doesn't need to be for me...I think your throttle body and exhaust might be just lightening your wallet but there are others on here who will have more knowledge of this than me...good luck and enjoy that Caddy...

Bill

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.