Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Transmission appears to slip after driving a long distance.

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  denninc 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I have a 2006 SRX V8 and after driving a long distance and after coming to a complete stop the transmission begins to slip when I accellerate. (or appear to be the issue)

Once the car cools down for 5 to 10 minutes it drives fine.

So here is an example:
3 weeks ago I drove non-stop for 150 mile from Washington towards NYC, I was 60 miles outside of NYC when I ran into traffic and came to a complete stop. When I tried to acellerate after coming to a stop, the transmission engaged but appeared not to go any higher than 3rd gear. I pull off the highway stopped and bought a soda. Got back in the car It started right up and sounded fine. I choose to take local roads the rest of the way and the car had no issues. (but I never went above 50 mph).

I have been driving the car for the last 3 weeks around the neighborhood with no issues. So tonight my daughter had a volleyball game about 50 miles from home so I decided to take the SRX. We arrived there with no issues and almost made it all the way home, but when we pull off the highway about a mile from home, I ran into the same issues.

engine sounded fine, but transmission seems to not fully engage.

and the check engine light "never" came on in either instance.

Any idea's what it might be?

Thanks,

Chris

See less See more
#2 ·
Mileage? You may want to have the fluid level checked, remember, it has to be done with the car running. The only way is by checking at the fill port.

#4 ·
Fill port is on side of transmission and car on a lift makes it easier. If you have a quick lube that you trust, they could do it for you.

#5 ·
Hi All,

Took the car into the dealer yesterday, Transmission level was good, fluid was red, did not smell, and there were no leaks.

They thought it might be Transmission control module, but that checked out ok also.

They kept it over night a tried to recreate the problem but they could not.

Recommendations was to keep driving it and hopefully next time it sets off the check engine light and gives a code.

Thanks again for all your replies

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.