Cadillac Owners Forum banner

2005 SRX V6 Cylinder misfire

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Dachristianman 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I recently bought a 2005 SRX with the V6 engine and 200k km. Just after I bought the car the check engine light started blinking and the engine was running pretty bad, always nice when you just bought a car. A mechanic hooked it up to the computer which showed that cylinder 6 was misfiring. He swapped the spark plug and the coil with another cylinder, but still cylinder 6 was misfiring, so those are not the cause of the problem. I've seen multiple posts on this type of problem, but in my case the problem only occurs under very specific conditions: when the engine is cold it runs fine until it reaches the "normal" temperature (temperature meter in the middle of the scale). Then the problem starts (and the light is blinking). After 10-15 minutes the problem disappears again and the engine runs fine. Does anybody have any idea what the problem could be? The car is also equipped with an LPG installation, which is common for American cars in the Netherlands as the regular gas prices tend to be a bit higher here :) , the problem occurs both when driving on regular gas and LPG.

Thanks in advance for your responses!

Mark

#2 ·
May be the injector circuit for cyl. 6. Wire may be loose or corroded or injector may be failing, debris at that point. What specific DTCs did he find? Check fuel pressure, filter and pump.

#3 ·
Could be a leaking upper or lower intake gasket. When I replaced my valve cover gaskets, I didn't get them to seal properly, and I got a cylinder 3 misfire code. Once I resealed the gaskets and reset the code, it's back to normal. Check to see if there was any maintenance accomplished that would require them to remove the upper or lower intake (spark plugs, valve cover gaskets, etc)

Good luck. Never fun getting a "new" car and this happening. Depending on how long ago you purchased it, the place you bought it may help out to keep a good name.

tom

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.