Cadillac Owners Forum banner

08 SRX Engine light on replaced timing chain & sensors

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Charlie5280 
#1 ·
2008 SRX Engine light on. The timing chain has been replaced and we had replaced all 4 cam shaft sensors and a crank shaft and the engine light is still on. Are there cam shaft sensors and cam actuators? Does anyone have a diagram or direct where to find a diagram as to where the actuators are located if they are in fact different from the sensors.

Or is this a matter of the timing set incorrectly? The crankshaft sensor bank 1, then all 4 cam shaft sensors replaced ..then
timing chain at the dealer in that order.

Has anyone else encountered this issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am beginning to think maybe I should not have purchased a Cadillac after waiting to do so all these years!

#2 ·
Get the DTC #s and go from there.

#5 ·
Hello Deancon,

I understand having a check engine light on after these repairs were performed on your vehicle is disheartening and I apologize for any inconvenience. If you would like your dealership to look into this for you, please let me know. I am more than happy to assist throughout that process and contact them on your behalf. Feel free to send me a private message that includes your full contact information, VIN, current mileage and dealership name and location so we can further discuss your situation.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.