Cadillac Owners Forum banner

08 srx device 1 voltage low

898 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  firsttimewithcaddy 
#1 ·
i have an '08 SRX with 99000 miles on it. Bought it used last year from dealer. First 'newer' car I've ever had. I was driving today and check engine light comes on, and it says "parking assist off." I have parking set to on. Then i notice the "D", for when you have it in drive, is blank. So i pull over and put in park. The "P" is blank and engine light is on. Turn off for a minute, then back on, same thing. Drive about 15 minutes home and leave sit for 15 minutes. Start up and parking assist is back on again, but the "P" is back on the screen for being in "park." Check engine light still on. Took down to advance auto to read code. Guy said it came up as:

CZ0899 ABS device 1 voltage low

checked online and found nothing

please help if possible.

first time writing on forum
firsttimewithcaddy

Good afternoon, Your CF account is activated. Please use the Profile and Settings tabs to update your profile to reflect proper birth date, approximate location, car owned, and time zone - do you really live in London - GMT ?

See less See more
#2 ·
:welcome: old man,
First thing to check is the battery, have it load tested; and have generator checked, should put out 14+V. Code means the EBCM (brake control module) is getting less than 9V, so connector at module may be making poor contact.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.