2007 SRX cruise control disengages on its own.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, 2007 SRX cruise control disengages on its own. in Cadillac SRX Forums; This problem started a few months ago, and is getting progressively worse. A few miles after I set the cruise, ...
    Terry Lange is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX

2007 SRX cruise control disengages on its own.

This problem started a few months ago, and is getting progressively worse. A few miles after I set the cruise, it disengages. Once it has done this, I cannot reset it again without shutting off the vehicle and restarting it. Today, of course, the symptoms were marginally different. This time, I was able to reset it a second time while still on the road, but not a third time. On the trip home, it wouldn't engage at all. Thought I would check and clean the connections, but can't even find the unit under the hood. I guess they look much different than the old style with the vacuum hoses and chain! This is getting to be a real PITA, as I use the cruise control most of my driving time. Any suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

glake89 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 srx awd v6, 07 Solstice GXP

Re: 2007 SRX cruise control disengages on its own.

Cruise is run through the BCM and you likely have DTCs. Get them read and we can help.
    __________________________________________________ ________________

This site is too much fun to not be a supporter
    Been fixin' cars for 71 years
    Some of what I know comes from experience, some from reading or listening,-most of it, I just make up

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Lange View Post
    This problem started a few months ago, and is getting progressively worse. A few miles after I set the cruise, it disengages. Once it has done this, I cannot reset it again without shutting off the vehicle and restarting it. Today, of course, the symptoms were marginally different. This time, I was able to reset it a second time while still on the road, but not a third time. On the trip home, it wouldn't engage at all. Thought I would check and clean the connections, but can't even find the unit under the hood. I guess they look much different than the old style with the vacuum hoses and chain! This is getting to be a real PITA, as I use the cruise control most of my driving time. Any suggestions?
    Hi Terry Lange,

I am sorry that you are experiencing problems with your cruise control, especially since it is something you use so frequently. If you would like to send me a PM with your VIN and contact information, I can research it from my end and let you know if I find anything.

Austin. J
    Cadillac Customer Care

conedoctor is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320

Maybe not related but with my truck I could get the cruise to shut off if I pulled up on both power window buttons, so if I driving along and maybe heard a wind noise I would pull up on the buttons to make sure the windows were up and the cruise would shut off. I assume it was a big amp draw that would cause this but never cared enough to explore a non problem IMO.

Professor Wizard is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 SRX-4 Sport / TriCoatWhite

Man... I use my cruise a LOT... that would be a PITA for me.

Mine doesn't do any of that stuff.

I'll be watching this one, out of curiosity.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.