Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Thread: 2007 SRX cruise control disengages on its own.

Terry Lange is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX

2007 SRX cruise control disengages on its own.

This problem started a few months ago, and is getting progressively worse. A few miles after I set the cruise, it disengages. Once it has done this, I cannot reset it again without shutting off the vehicle and restarting it. Today, of course, the symptoms were marginally different. This time, I was able to reset it a second time while still on the road, but not a third time. On the trip home, it wouldn't engage at all. Thought I would check and clean the connections, but can't even find the unit under the hood. I guess they look much different than the old style with the vacuum hoses and chain! This is getting to be a real PITA, as I use the cruise control most of my driving time. Any suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

glake89 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 srx awd v6 (gone), '07 GXP, 2010 li'l red wagon 3.6

Re: 2007 SRX cruise control disengages on its own.

Cruise is run through the BCM and you likely have DTCs. Get them read and we can help.
    __________________________________________________ ________________

This site is too much fun to not be a supporter
    Been fixin' cars for 74 years
    Some of what I know comes from experience, some from reading or listening,-most of it, I just make up

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Lange View Post
    This problem started a few months ago, and is getting progressively worse. A few miles after I set the cruise, it disengages. Once it has done this, I cannot reset it again without shutting off the vehicle and restarting it. Today, of course, the symptoms were marginally different. This time, I was able to reset it a second time while still on the road, but not a third time. On the trip home, it wouldn't engage at all. Thought I would check and clean the connections, but can't even find the unit under the hood. I guess they look much different than the old style with the vacuum hoses and chain! This is getting to be a real PITA, as I use the cruise control most of my driving time. Any suggestions?
    Hi Terry Lange,

I am sorry that you are experiencing problems with your cruise control, especially since it is something you use so frequently. If you would like to send me a PM with your VIN and contact information, I can research it from my end and let you know if I find anything.

Austin. J
    Cadillac Customer Care

conedoctor is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320

Maybe not related but with my truck I could get the cruise to shut off if I pulled up on both power window buttons, so if I driving along and maybe heard a wind noise I would pull up on the buttons to make sure the windows were up and the cruise would shut off. I assume it was a big amp draw that would cause this but never cared enough to explore a non problem IMO.

Professor Wizard is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 SRX-4 Sport / TriCoatWhite

Man... I use my cruise a LOT... that would be a PITA for me.

Mine doesn't do any of that stuff.

I'll be watching this one, out of curiosity.