04 srx v8 stalls/chokes at light partial throttle from stop. Warm only..
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By repnatl
  • 1 Post By 1BadCadSTS
  • 1 Post By repnatl
  • 1 Post By ZOOMY
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, 04 srx v8 stalls/chokes at light partial throttle from stop. Warm only.. in Cadillac SRX Forums; ANY IDEAS? Idle air control valve/sensor? Dirty fuel sys/injectors. NO Check engine light. Injectors have been out, checked and set ...
    toddkellogg is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 srx v8

04 srx v8 stalls/chokes at light partial throttle from stop. Warm only..

ANY IDEAS? Idle air control valve/sensor? Dirty fuel sys/injectors. NO Check engine light. Injectors have been out, checked and
    set in SeaFoam.

car seems to Surge/stall/die only when WARM/driven till warm. Only noticeable from a lightly feathered gas pedal from a stop.

While IM AT IT... any tips on changing passenger side Valve Cover Gasket? I had done twice. leaking again.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

repnatl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Check for pending codes those won't trigger the engine light. Which engine? I always use silicone to set the gasket in the valve cover to hold the gasket in place. Or your valve cover is warped.

conedoctor is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320

Re: 04 srx v8 stalls/chokes at light partial throttle from stop. Warm only..

Define "checking" injectors?

I pulled them out, visually inspected injectors. set in SeaFoam for a day. Looked fine. No electrical check. Is their one I can check with or a dealer item?

How do you check "pending" codes? I have a code reader. Generic kind.

The Chevy DEALER and their ace mechanic informed me NORTHSTAR V8 motors (mine 4.6) are KNOWN FOR VALVE COVERS WARPING!! I was SHOCKED! Are you serious, I said. I have replaced the Gaskets Twice!

----------

BTW, Are Valve Covers (NEW) available in Aftermarket. I'm having a time! NOT on RockAuto! Any other suggestions for replacements for my 4.6 v8.

conedoctor is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320

Looking at the injector will not tell you much about it other than how it looks

You need to see if fuel is flowing out of them and how well, check your local diesel shops and see if they can test them for you.

BTW, Are Valve Covers (NEW) available in Aftermarket?? I'm having a time! NOT on RockAuto! Any other suggestions for replacement covers for my 4.6 v8.

Also, Im buying a Fuel Injector Kit (new filters n rings) and a New Fuel Filter (from Tank) . HOW DO I disable Fuel Relay? (turn off pump/disable line pressure to change filter or just break line connector to filter w/ a rag around n move on?)

THANKS FRIENDS.

----------

I just watched a youtube video on 1) how to listen to injectors w/ a screwdriver. Place at base, listen for clicking. And,
    2) how to check injector w/ an ohm meter. Cool stuff. Quick education. Advise doing the same..

I have a cheap Bluetooth scanner and a harbor freight abs and scanner for around $100. They work well
    toddkellogg likes this.

1BadCadSTS is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Retorque the intake manifold bolts.
    toddkellogg likes this.

Thanks for you input gentlemen. ANY OTHER INPUT ON:

1) VALVE COVERS WARPED/ING & WHERE TO BUY (OTHER THAN DEALER?)

2) STALLING AT LIGHT PEDAL WHEN WARM FROM A STOP.

3) ISSUES W/ REAR A/C BACKLEAKING INTO FLOORBOARD.

Quote Originally Posted by toddkellogg View Post
    Thanks for you input gentlemen. ANY OTHER INPUT ON:

1) VALVE COVERS WARPED/ING & WHERE TO BUY (OTHER THAN DEALER?)

2) STALLING AT LIGHT PEDAL WHEN WARM FROM A STOP.

3) ISSUES W/ REAR A/C BACKLEAKING INTO FLOORBOARD.
    1. Gmpartseast.com I've heard but never seen a warped v8 valve cover
    3. Assuming you have the panoramic sunroof check for clogs in the drain tubes. Or a broken rear washer fluid line
    toddkellogg likes this.

I will check and yes, I do have a Panoramic roof. Will check that too. THANKS!

1BadCadSTS is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BadCadSTS
    Retorque the intake manifold bolts.
    See above #2

ZOOMY is offline Cadillac Owners Member

The only true way to check if the valve cover is warped is to remove it and check it against a true straight edge and then compare the gaps, if there are any, at each end. As far as the stalling, clear the codes first and as soon as the check engine light comes back on, scan it to give you a direction to start. Also you might want to stick your head around under the hood, especially near the intake ducting and manifold and listen for a vacuum leak. I had a friend with an expedition that had an elbow crack on a vacuum line. Her local "mechanic" said it couldn't be fixed as it was stalling, poor mileage etc.
    toddkellogg likes this.

ZOOMY.

I had the dealer REDO intake manifold gaskets w/ new ones, AFTER I HAD DONE IT Once! NO CHECK ENGINE LIGHT FOR THE STALLING. (ONLY ONCE WARMED).

IM Thinking a FUEL/Fuel pressure issue??? Gonna check pressure on Schreader Valve (line) today. Have not had a chance to LISTEN to injectors. Will do that too.

ALSO, THE DEALER REPLACED A TB/INTAKE BOOT(cracked underneath, tho I knew that). I will check VACUUM LINES TO FOR HISSING/CRACKS.

THANX FRIEND.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.