Noise/rattling when doing rapid accelerating from full stop
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Noise/rattling when doing rapid accelerating from full stop in Cadillac SRX Forums; A noise comparable to a mud guard hitting the tire can be heard when doing rapid acceleration from stop. A ...
    royan97 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 SRX - V8

Unhappy Noise/rattling when doing rapid accelerating from full stop

A noise comparable to a mud guard hitting the tire can be heard when doing rapid acceleration from stop. A few month back I change all 4 tires in my 2004 SRX V8 and they did something with the alignment and don't know if this was the cause of the problem or do I need to change any part of the suspension assembly. Have anyone experience something similar?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MothaChicken is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 SRX Northstar V8
    Sounds like you have the same problem as I do. It might be the transfer case chain is worn down and needs to be replaced, or the transfer case itself may be broken.

Re: Noise/rattling when doing rapid accelerating from full stop

It only happens on hard acceleration from stop but once you reach 30kph and do hard acceleration then there is no problem. also I only got 109km on it and do we need to change the chain every 100k? how much it cost you to repair?

Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car

I seem to recall there being a "known issue" with some of the transfer cases for 04 and i think some or all of 05 model SRX4.
    I believe there was a better chain offered after a while to replace the old one.

BW 4476 Transfer Case Dismantle:

And better yet check out this thread:
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...placement.html

Here is an image from that thread showing the stretched chain side by side with the new one:

arw1510 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6, 2004 SRX 4.6 AWD, 2012 CTS 3.6 DI AWD

I wonder if someone can count all the different transfer case threads, there's got to be over 200 about 04 V8's with this. I started one like 4 years ago. 1700 for AAMCO to replace with a reconditioned unit. Started happening to me at 80k miles, by the time i took it in at 120k the damage was really bad

MothaChicken is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 SRX Northstar V8
    Quote Originally Posted by royan97
    It only happens on hard acceleration from stop but once you reach 30kph and do hard acceleration then there is no problem. also I only got 109km on it and do we need to change the chain every 100k? how much it cost you to repair?
    Your problem doesn't seem as bad, mine pops at any medium-hard acceleration. Even at 70 if I accelerate to 80 it still pops. Already bought a new chain as the old one is destroyed and plan on replacing it. The chain cost us $145. Also while idle the car seems to vibrate, after further investigation we found that one of engine mounts was broken completely. That's what you get with a 9 yr old used car I guess.

I had a heat shield rattle on the passenger exhaust pipe was quite annoying and according to the dealer somewhat common. They used a hose clamp to resolve it. It's near the bottom front left of the passenger seat.
    So something else you may want to check out.

VinceTheFrench is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac SRX V6
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludacrisvp View Post
    I seem to recall there being a "known issue" with some of the transfer cases for 04 and i think some or all of 05 model SRX4.
    I believe there was a better chain offered after a while to replace the old one.
    Only for V8 ? Or same problems for V6 SRX4 ?

I already bought a TRANSFER CASE CHAIN CADILLAC SRX BW4476 BW4479 HV-095 2004 for $135 and another $20 for forwarding to Qatar. Hopefully mechanics here will not charge me a lot for the replacement. I'll give update once this fix has been done. Thanks!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321280445390

Quote Originally Posted by VinceTheFrench View Post
    Only for V8 ? Or same problems for V6 SRX4 ?
    As far as I know the same tcase setup is used on all AWD model SRX.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.