HID Headlamp one side goes on and off
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, HID Headlamp one side goes on and off in Cadillac SRX Forums; ANyone ever have an issue with one headlamp blinking two or three times and going out? If I am driving ...
    wrupert is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 SRX N* AWD, 2009 SRX N* AWD, 1986 Buick Grand National

HID Headlamp one side goes on and off

ANyone ever have an issue with one headlamp blinking two or three times and going out? If I am driving down the highway it will stay on, but if I sit idle it will go out (almost like it gets warm and shuts off).

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car
    You have a failing lamp or ballast or both on that side.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: HID Headlamp one side goes on and off

Quote Originally Posted by wrupert View Post
    ANyone ever have an issue with one headlamp blinking two or three times and going out? If I am driving down the highway it will stay on, but if I sit idle it will go out (almost like it gets warm and shuts off).
    Hello wrupert,

I apologize that your headlamp is seems to be going out when you are sitting idle. Are you planning on taking your SRX into the dealership to have this concern diagnosed? If you are and would like assistance in setting up an appointment, I would be more than happy to assist you. Please feel free to private message me if you would like to further discuss your concern.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

ravenblack is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX 4 Sport Package

Re: HID Headlamp one side goes on and off

I had same problem on 07 SRX HID headlamp. Also noticed it had a pinkish hue to it when first coming on; then would go out; come back on, etc. Its a bad lamp. Changed it myself. Not easy. I have the Sport model with different front fascia, but I believe even with stock you have to drop that side of lower bumper/fascia that bad lamp is on. To get to that you have to remove front part of inner fender and also the shroud under engine to get to the other retainers holding bumper cover to grill assembly. There are 2 nuts just forward of the front tire that need to be removed (Hint: Spray some WD40 or rust remover on them first). The others are plastic "fir tree" or similar retainers that can be remove and reused. If you don't lower that front bumper there just isn't enough clearance to get that whole headlight assembly out and that is the only way to get access to that bulb. There are four nuts holding headlight assembly in place that are no picnic to reach either. Still, if you enjoy doing your own mechanical work, don't want to pay a dealer $300 for labor ( I paid $110 for lamp from NAPA) and can take a half day to do it, have fun.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.