SRX Black Diamond
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, SRX Black Diamond in Cadillac SRX Forums; ...
    peccles is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

SRX Black Diamond

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forum/in...showtopic=2643

CADILLAC BLACK DIAMOND IS READY FOR THE SLOPES

The Cadillac SRX has hit the slopes with the Black Diamond concept, which debuts at the 2003 Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) show in Las Vegas. The Cadillac Black Diamond brings the performance and utility of the SRX to the world of skiing and other active lifestyle pursuits, using specially designed accessories.

The package name comes from the Black Diamond skiing symbol which indicates the “most difficult” slopes.

“The challenge and excitement of skiing these slopes is similar to the rush you’ll feel when driving the SRX on a twisty road,” said Jay Spenchian, SRX Marketing Director. “Refined and tuned on Germany’s famed Nurburgring race circuit, the SRX will provide even the staunchest enthusiast with a very satisfying driving experience.”

The Black Diamond is fully equipped to enable the driver to enjoy the trip as much as the destination. Powered by a 330-horsepower 4.6-liter Northstar V-8 engine with variable valve timing, the Black Diamond features a Corsa cat-back exhaust system and tips. The engine is mated to a five-speed electronically controlled automatic transmission, with a tap-up/tap-down feature that allows the driver to manually shift through the gears.

The Black Diamond is equipped with a host of sophisticated technologies to maintain its footing in slippery conditions. The all-wheel drive system runs a 50/50 torque split until it is necessary to divert power when it senses slippage. The StabiliTrak stability enhancement system works automatically to help the driver stay on the intended course by comparing the vehicle’s motion to driver inputs. Four-wheel disc brakes with 12.7-inch cross-drilled, ventilated rotors provide confident braking power. Full-function traction control reduces wheel slippage by applying brake pressure and managing engine torque, if necessary. The Black Diamond’s wheels are six-lug, 20-inch EVO 7 forged aluminum from Katana Racing, with Bridgestone 275/45R20 all-season tires.

The Black Diamond’s exterior is outfitted with wheel flares and integrated, body-color splash guards. This gives the Black Diamond a slightly wider track and more muscular stance. It also has front and rear skid plates and brush guards.

A premium crossbow roof rack and ski carrier, body-color grille, and Vanceva Smoky Blue-tinted glass from Solutia complete the Black Diamond’s exterior modifications.

The interior enhancements include metallic and leather accents and floor mats with the Black Diamond logo.

Cadillac Black Diamond vehicle highlights:
    - 4.6L Northstar V8 VVT (330 horsepower) with all-wheel drive
    - Five-speed electronically controlled and driver-shiftable automatic transmission
    - Corsa cat-back exhaust system and tips
    - Body-color grille
    - Front and rear brush guard/skid plate
    - Wheel lips and integrated splash guards
    - 20-inch EVO 7 forged alloy wheels from Katana Racing
    - Bridgestone 275/45R20 all-season tires
    - Four-wheel disc brakes with cross-drilled and ventilated rotors
    - Premium cross-bow roof rack and ski carrier
    - Vanceva Smoky Blue tinted glass by Solutia
    - Enhanced interior with metallic and leather accents
    - Floor mats with logos

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Brett is offline Watching the Watchers
    here are the pics
    Attached Images

BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

Re: SRX Black Diamond

I LOVE White Diamond and now I'm really liking Black Diamond.. I can't wait to start seeing a few of these on the streets...
    If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

Brett is offline Watching the Watchers

Well dont get to excited Sal. For now it looks like its just a car for SEMA, but who knows........

vdo
    vdo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 SRX

Looks great! This package is what I'd be interested in getting.Looks like the car has been lowered, but I don't see any suspension modifications listed. Anyone have pics of the inside?

2004_SRX_ is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by vdo
    Looks great! This package is what I'd be interested in getting.Looks like the car has been lowered, but I don't see any suspension modifications listed. Anyone have pics of the inside?
    It is definitely lower than the current model. There is almost no space between the wheel and wells on this while there is a few inches on mine. It actually makes it look a lot better.

Tiger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Flirtin' w/ an SRX...

Thumbs up Re: SRX Black Diamond

The Black Diamond’s exterior is outfitted with wheel flares and integrated, body-color splash guards. This gives the Black Diamond a slightly wider track and more muscular stance. It also has front and rear skid plates and brush guards. A premium crossbow roof rack and ski carrier complete the package.

WOW! I am really liking this.

I was afraid that I'd be the only redneck actually using this vehicle.

I'm feeling so much better now!

Put me down for the skid plates, brush guards, splash guards, wheel flares, roof rack, and ski carrier!

HUGE59Fins is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I love white diamond [had a white diamond deville] but black diamond is awesome. Love the concept.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.