2006 3.6 awd front and rear diff and transfer case fluid change
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, 2006 3.6 awd front and rear diff and transfer case fluid change in Cadillac SRX Forums; Any particular kind I should get what additives and how much of each. Going to let the dealer do the ...
    repnatl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

2006 3.6 awd front and rear diff and transfer case fluid change

Any particular kind I should get what additives and how much of each. Going to let the dealer do the transmission next month the rest I can do myself.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

n7don_srx is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac '07 SRX-V6 RWD, '03 Envoy, '95 S10 pu

Re: 2006 3.6 awd front and rear diff and transfer case fluid change

Of course the place to start is what's recommended in the owner's manual. With that said you'll find it difficult to find aftermarket gear oils that say they meet the GM specs shown in the manual. My 07's differential fluid was changed when the recall on the pinion seal was done. The p/n for the gear oil was 89021677. Plus since I have the limited slip axle (aka G80 RPO) the friction modifier, p/n 1052358 was added. I don't think the friction modifier would be needed if you don't have the G80 option. Certainly not in the front axle. I'm using Royal Purple gear oil in my 03 Envoy however the price has increased over the years that it isn't that much cheaper than the GM spec stuff (which is around $30/litre). Many on the Envoy forum use Mobil 1 75w-90 synthetic without issues however the Envoy uses an American Standard differential, I think our SRX axle is manf. by Getrag... if that makes a difference!
    This really doesn't answer your question..... probably if you use a brand name 75w-90 synthetic gear oil it will last the life of the vehicle. Maybe you can get the dealer to give you a discount on the GM stuff since they are doing your transmission.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.