Just when I thought I had it sold!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Just when I thought I had it sold! in Cadillac SRX Forums; http://youtu.be/4VsUacPuOT8 We test drove my SRX and when we pulled into the driveway after highway driving, it made this noise, ...
    orandaberg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    http://youtu.be/4VsUacPuOT8

We test drove my SRX and when we pulled into the driveway after highway driving, it made this noise, it sounds worse then it is, the mic on the phone is sensitive but it sounds like its coming from the belt tensioner or something in that area, it sounds like bearings, its not loud like the video, in the truck it sounds like a diesel idling, any thoughts.You cannot hear it driving, power steering is ok, engine temp is ok

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

glake89 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 srx awd v6, 07 Solstice GXP

Re: Just when I thought I had it sold!

Try an auto stethoscope.
    __________________________________________________ ________________

This site is too much fun to not be a supporter
    Been fixin' cars for 71 years
    Some of what I know comes from experience, some from reading or listening,-most of it, I just make up

holstbnet is offline Cadillac Owners Member

To me it sounds like the belt tensioner. A lot of times when the tensioner makes noise like that, you can watch it physically move back and forth a few degrees. You can always take the belts off and (briefly!) run it without belts to see if the noise stops, but I know it's kind of a PITA to take em off just for a diagnosis.

I can smell radiator fluid but see no leak nor is the engine temp different, its a faint smell but its there, engine oil is nice and clean so nothing there, since the truck is not in Norway I do not have the tools, so it has to go to the shop, tensioner delivered in1 day 119 dollars + labor, not bad considering its Europe. Looking in the manual seems a easy job

repnatl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by orandaberg View Post
    I can smell radiator fluid but see no leak nor is the engine temp different, its a faint smell but its there, engine oil is nice and clean so nothing there, since the truck is not in Norway I do not have the tools, so it has to go to the shop, tensioner delivered in1 day 119 dollars + labor, not bad considering its Europe. Looking in the manual seems a easy job
    15mm bolt and 1/2 in bar to release the tension.

It states removing the belt. But I am sure it can go on without removing the belt completely. Besides it's new from the rad change out I did not so long ago. Interest is far an few between for this truck. Its like fishing in a open ocean for a goldfish. Had one on the hook, but lost it

Turned out to be the ac compressor froze stuck, so the wheel was not turning, 615 euro parts (853 dollars)to repair. He says he may have to flush the AC system if parts inside the compressor broke and allowed metal shavings to enter the system, another 1000 euros(1300 dollars)for the labor By the way I asked the Cadillac Dealer working on it to buy if off me, he laughed, offered to buy it for 2000 euro(2700 dollars) and not charge for the repair. SRX stands for Service Repair X, X stands for the number of times it has to be worked on. 0-1000 times. And this still needs the rear shocks and rear compressor. Already wasted my money on that, I am loosing money owning this crap I think I can dump this crap with the shocks and compressor included in the price unfitted, but I had to waste money fixing the AC compressor other wise I will never unload this crap. Now to some how add these cost to the price. I have asked 18000 euro, what I paid when I bought this crap. No one wanted it with torn rear shock bags and broken compressor at that price. But now this is the last effort I put in the crap, the truck sells as is and no offer refused. Have to call that dealer and take his offer, I will give this crap 3 weeks to sell, if not it goes to that dealer, a 22000 dollar loss in just a little over a year and thats just what I paid for this crap,does not include the loss between 2-3 thousand dollars I have put into it in repairs (excluding this last repair and the rear shocks and compressor) Just hope the next sucker to look, this crap will hold out another test drive. I have many regrets in life, but this has to be the most memorable regret I will ever live with is buying a SRX.

SOLD to the dealer 2200 dollars, just want this hunk of crap off my mind, yes he offered 500 dollars less the second time.

Sheepish is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD

Holy crap you must've been a wee bit frustrated. What are you replacing it with?

Happy Holidays to all
    Just wanted to end with a note to thank all the members who participated in my threads.
    Good luck with your future endeavors

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sheepish View Post
    Holy crap you must've been a wee bit frustrated. What are you replacing it with?
    Check thread "heading south".

opel113302 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Hello Members
    I am a new member not yet owning a SRX,I am from Cincinnati. Checking out the forum to see if I want one, after searching this members posts 1200! Looks like he had a positive outlook in the beginning and had a lot of input, really make me want to either back off or at least not buy one without full warranty. From what I have read back off the V6 for sure! I guess all car logos have definitions, first time I heard SRX Service Repair X amount of times! I am looking at 2, one is a 2006 and another 2005, but these will not have a warranty so forget them, maybe I will look into another type of Cadillac.

Delete

Quote Originally Posted by orandaberg View Post
    Happy Holidays to all
    Just wanted to end with a note to thank all the members who participated in my threads.
    Good luck with your future endeavors

----------

Check thread "heading south".
    orand (if still here)
    URL is gone, did you get a Bentley, if so

Hi opel
    here is a reply to you pm
    tune 495
    resovoir brake lines 794 kr/129 dollars
    belts 94
    power steering hose 64
    brake lines tubes complete 100
    rad 267
    ac compressor with repairs 1555 euro/2136 dollars
    trans oil cooler 100
    wheels 888/shipping/tax 581 dollars
    brakes/rotors front 5000/808 dollars
    rear shocks 684
    brake line reapir 267 euro/366
    brakes/rotors rear 500
    front hubs with labor 600 euro/824 dollars
    labor for radiator/trans cooler resovoir brake lines 600 euro/824 dollars
    Exhaust with tips 374/labor 300 euro/513 dollars
    new tips 200
    SS brake hoses 100
    08 steering wheel 1.00 air bag 100
    DVD headrests 200
    buff/wax 1000
    catchcan 100
    batteries 500
    tires 888 euro/1220 dollars
    grille 150
    Misalaneous parts 150
    air compressor 800 dollars
    SRX 18000 euro/24800 dollars
    tax/license 2700 euro 3706 dollars

Total wasted 42768 dollars sold the truck for 2200 dollars, had the car 1 year 4 months,stayed un driven in the garage 80% of the time(not because of problems,just never drove it), 2 major break downs requiring stays in hotels. Look on thread recent mods, truck was sold as it looks with extra OEM wheels/tires/exhaust/radio nav, lost a grand total of 40568 dollars. Yes a Bently CGT 04, best car I ever owned, already drove from Germany to Spain , Belgium and back and now heading back to Belgium, then Norway,
    Happy Holidays to all

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.