2005 srx heated seats
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, 2005 srx heated seats in Cadillac SRX Forums; Good morning all. Here goes my second post. I have looked at all my rpo codes and nowhere is it ...
    cuffs9999 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 srx

2005 srx heated seats

Good morning all. Here goes my second post. I have looked at all my rpo codes and nowhere is it listed that I have heated leather seats as an option. There is no button to push to activate the heated seats. . However on very cold mornings when I use the auto start and come out to my car the seats have been very warm and the heated seat icon on the climate display have been lit up indicating that I have heated seats. My car is an 05 built in May 04. Probably at the beginning of the model year swap. I just bought a climate control unit that has the heated seat button on it. Can anyone help me on what's going on. And if I can plug and play with the new climate unit. Thanks.
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Aftermarket auto start I presume?

I would assume so. I didn't even realize that I had auto start until I was fooling around with the fob one day. I believe it's an ultra start. Do u think they installed heated seats at the same time? How would I check that

I think when they wired it to the hvac that upon power up it just lights up the icon. What happens when you stick the key in and "start" it after the remote start.

It has only come on two or three times. Only when it has been exceptionally cold. And only when I remote start. And the seats get really warm. When I get in and put the key in the heated seat icons stay lit and the seats stay warm. I've looked under both seats and nothing looks after market. It all appears to be factory.

bendebusk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 SRX

Re: 2005 srx heated seats

Interesting! If it really does have heated seats, I'm curious if they stay on all the time and what will happen in the summer?

There is no if-these things get really warm. And they go off. Either on their own or when I change the settings in the climate control after I get in the car. I just started it back up after being home for an hr or so. They did not come back on.

glake89 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 srx awd v6, 07 Solstice GXP

Per the SM, replacement of the HVAC control module should be plug n play, no programing needed. Whether wiring and heated seat module are in place is unknown.
    __________________________________________________ ________________

This site is too much fun to not be a supporter
    Been fixin' cars for 71 years
    Some of what I know comes from experience, some from reading or listening,-most of it, I just make up

All hvacs are set up for heated seats via the screen but the controls is another thing. Ill bet its not really working your just seeing a ghost icon light up due to confusion over the databuss due to the remote start being spliced into your hvac.

Not sure what you mean by it's not really working. The seats are very warm. Unmistakably warm. And unmistakably working.

Nothing in these cars is prewired. They didn't install heated seats and then were like well the car wasn't optioned for it and not install a headed seat hvac control. Blowing hot air from the vents upon remote start on leather will heat it up pretty fast. Even if someone added aftermarket ones there's no way it would cause the hvac to light up with them "on".

bendebusk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 SRX

Do the heated seat icons light up if you remote start without the heat on? If you start the car without the heater on, you could definitely see how hot the seats get on their own. My SRX has the heated seats option and there is both a high and low setting. But, as far as I know, they don't go off unless I manually turn them off or turn the car off.

Onebadcad I understand what ur saying. But I've been driving for 25 yrs. I can kinda tell when a seat is heated or just warm from being blown on. This is direct under your bum heat. I have tossed around the aftermarket seat thing. Nsince I bought the car used I will assume they had them out in. But why does the light on the climate control panel light up? Is it possible that the panel itself is actually a replacement and they put a non climate display on?

holstbnet is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Cuffs9999 - now THAT is pretty interesting. I think there's some sort of build anomaly with your SRX. Do you have a power passenger seat? I think the SRX seat options are that the non-heated seats are power drivers only, manual passenger. If you have heated seats then both are power as well. Just curious. What would be interesting is to get a SRX or CTS HVAC control head with the heated seat buttons and swap yours out, see what happens. I -think- that the SRX is pre-wired for heated seats regardless. I'm looking into this too, because I want to put heated seats in my '09 SRX (which is probably going to be a PITA.. they moved the heated seat buttons to the doors in 07-09)

Great to hear a response along the same lines that I was thinking. Yes I have power driver and passenger seats. I just received a climate control unit with heated seat buttons. I will be doing a swap out this week. I will keep u posted.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.