Just finished rear MRC shock installation now " Service Suspension System"
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Just finished rear MRC shock installation now " Service Suspension System" in Cadillac SRX Forums; I installed the rear MRC shocks yesterday on my 2006 SRX and now this morning I'm getting the "Service Suspension ...
    Dakaty is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Just finished rear MRC shock installation now " Service Suspension System"

I installed the rear MRC shocks yesterday on my 2006 SRX and now this morning I'm getting the "Service Suspension System" warning message. I also changed the rear brake pads while I was at it.

Shucks. I was so proud of myself doing that install with no left over parts or screws, and now this!!! Is there a way to pinpoint the problem that is causing this message?

Thanks

Bummed Bill

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

1BadCadSTS is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Make sure you seated the plug properly. There's a narrow pin in the middle and if you smash it down your fubar.

You can pinpoint the message with a TECH II or high end Snap On scanner.

glake89 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 srx awd v6, 07 Solstice GXP

Re: Just finished rear MRC shock installation now " Service Suspension System"

When you have no parts left over, you know you did something wrong. Double check all connections.
    __________________________________________________ ________________

This site is too much fun to not be a supporter
    Been fixin' cars for 71 years
    Some of what I know comes from experience, some from reading or listening,-most of it, I just make up

Quote Originally Posted by 1BadCadSTS View Post
    Make sure you seated the plug properly. There's a narrow pin in the middle and if you smash it down your fubar.

You can pinpoint the message with a TECH II or high end Snap On scanner.
    I asssume that you are talking about the plugs on the top f the shocks that are behind all of the interior trim panels that I have painstakingly re installed?

1BadCadSTS is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Yup those be the ones.

Well I just got done taking loose both sides of the interior panels to check for a loose connection and.... I had left the electrical connection off of the driver side shock.

So pin a big ole FAIL button on me.

After I plugged in the connection, tada, the error message went away. (Surprising isn't it?)

I don't know whether to feel happy that I found and fixed it or feel sad for being such an incompetent dummy in the first place.

)-:-)

warreneaux is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 SRX V8 Black/Black

Don't beat yourself up, at least you did the job and then found the mistake.
    Good job.
    Earl

Professor Wizard is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 SRX-4 Sport / TriCoatWhite

Glad you were able to fix the error.

It is embarrassing when a DYI does such things... but shameful, when an experienced shop mechanic does the same thing.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.