New (scared) cadillac srx 2005 owner
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, New (scared) cadillac srx 2005 owner in Cadillac SRX Forums; Hello everyone, After wanting a Cadillac SRX for the past year finally went and got one last weekend. Wish i ...
    Ezzy8806 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac SRX

Unhappy New (scared) cadillac srx 2005 owner

Hello everyone,

After wanting a Cadillac SRX for the past year finally went and got one last weekend. Wish i would've found this forum before I bought it im feeling like i might've made a serious mistake now

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

repnatl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    How many miles does it have mrc, panoramic sunroof, is it the v6? Does it have the repair history with it?

Re: New (scared) cadillac srx 2005 owner

It has 154,000 I paid $6,000 for it. It's the Northstar V8 w/ 3rd row, dvd, and navigation... I'm not sure bout the sunroof? I know its about the length of the car and it opens all the way back? Also, not sure bout the repair history it did have the carfax with only 2 owners and it was clean no accidents, recalls etc....

bendebusk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 SRX

I suspect most car forums aren't singing the praises of the vehicle model in the topic. Many will be describing a problem and asking for help. Others who have experienced the same issue will add their thoughts/suggestions. Even a long thread doesn't necessarily mean that the vehicle model has any more problems than any other vehicle.

One of the main issues I'm seeing is that parts and repairs for a Cadillac are expensive! Then again, it's a Cadillac.

Yes indeed well with the mileage being so high now im scared that it will be requiring repairs left and right

mjcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 1SG STS4, 05 V6 SRX4 (retired 03 DeVille)

you should be fine, V8s are good, just keep your maintenance on schedule, and you wont have any problems with the engine, maybe you'll need to tighten the intake bolts every few ten thousand miles,
    transmission (6 speed) also rated better than the one we have with the V6 (5 speed), the only issue that been reported with 04 and 05 is the transfer case (clicking sound with hard acceleration), and it usually cost anywhere from 500-800 bucks depends on where you do it,
    These are great cars, don't let what most people here talking about fools you, I'm one of those who posted few complains about this car at one time or another, but you dont hear me complaining now and at the same time not praising the car since i don't have problems! This is a car forums fact, you'll see 10 threads of people problems and complains for each 1 thread praising that car.

bendebusk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 SRX

Exactly!

Whiplash_89 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 SRX V8 AWD, 04 NSRT4

Its a good start that your first post is not an issue with the car.

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

silversport is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): *2008 SRX4 V6**Gone-2000 Escalade**

many of us, even with V6s are enjoying our SRXs...there are some owners here who have had issues with theirs and they are vocal...I suspect many that do not have issues are not as vocal...enjoy your SRX...

Bill

conedoctor is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320

That's a lot of awesomeness for 6K, enjoy.

Professor Wizard is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 SRX-4 Sport / TriCoatWhite

Even with all the problems I have had with mine (pretty much, more than anyone in here!)... Is still absolutely love mine, and have no plans currently if parting with it.

I am sure you will enjoy yours.[COLOR="Silver"]

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Quote Originally Posted by mjcaddy
    you should be fine, V8s are good, just keep your maintenance on schedule, and you wont have any problems with the engine, maybe you'll need to tighten the intake bolts every few ten thousand miles,
    transmission (6 speed) also rated better than the one we have with the V6 (5 speed), the only issue that been reported with 04 and 05 is the transfer case (clicking sound with hard acceleration), and it usually cost anywhere from 500-800 bucks depends on where you do it,
    These are great cars, don't let what most people here talking about fools you, I'm one of those who posted few complains about this car at one time or another, but you dont hear me complaining now and at the same time not praising the car since i don't have problems! This is a car forums fact, you'll see 10 threads of people problems and complains for each 1 thread praising that car.
    V8s only got the 6 speed starting in 07.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.