Front differential
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Front differential in Cadillac SRX Forums; I have a 2008 Cadillac SRX AWD 3.6 and when driving I heard a big noise, a clunk. Called the ...
    adican is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX 2008 V6 AWD

Front differential

I have a 2008 Cadillac SRX AWD 3.6 and when driving I heard a big noise, a clunk. Called the dealer, had the car toyed to them. Front differential broken and when broke, hit the engine oil tank and broke it also. I called Cadillac Canada they open an investigation on this unusual problem. I was told by dealer that Cadillac Canada will cover 25% of the cost of repair and I still have to pay 3300 canadian dollars. They said that the differential was completely dry and that's why happened. I called back Cadillac and they had no idea about the 25% coverage like the dealer told me and also told me that is only a discount offered by dealer. I will have to see next week what is all this about. What really pissed me of is that nor the dealer nor Cadillac they didn't offer me a replacement car even if only the diagnosis was done in one week!!! Anyway, I am really surprised that the differential was loosing oil because there was no sign of a lick. This car had in August an out of province inspection which didn't show any lick. When I bought the car in 2011 it was GM certified. It's a Cadillac for God sake, not an I don't know what cheap car!!! Not even a replacement car during diagnosis and repair...

----------

I'm from Montreal, I forgot to mention.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Nikowon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 SRX

Re: Front differential

Wow! I had the exact experience in August. My 2008 SRX4 was purchased from a local Cadillac dealer in April. They had just serviced it. While 500 miles from home, the front differential locked up at 70 MPH. Transmission shop told me the differential was dry. The dealer will not even answer my letters. I now have the differentials and the transfer case checked for fluid every 5,000 miles. Spent $3,000 to fix it. Sorry you are having the same problem.

I just don't understand the customer service. It's Cadillac! In Montreal 90% of the garages are offering a replacement car, even the small ones.

It looks that when run out of warranty, everything starts to collapse . After a visit to a dealer to fix that differential the rear wiper stopped working. Now when I press the defrost is lightning the light in the trunk!!! Went beck to dealer asked him maybe they mixed some connections they said no, impossible. New weird noise from front, have to change something, another 300 $... All of this after a repair done by dealer, "good wrench mechanics". All on my own expenses. I don't expect any of the Cadillac representatives here to answer this, they're busy to give advices for new buyers.

orandaberg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Get rid of it. The feeling of dumping a problematic SRX is almost as good as a lottery win. Was checking for grins my previous post an saw this. These cars are either good or bad, there is no in between. The idea to compare a SRX to other cars that they "all experience some problems" is frankly a joke. If it was not for the warranty (which Cadillac knew they had to give in order to stay competitive) there would be a lot of angry consumers. The ones not moaning are the ones who do not pay repairs

Z71
    Z71 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS4 Blue Diamond AWD Performance Sedan

Did you have the vehicle serviced just prior to this occuring? If so I would suspect the place you used could have inadvertanly drained the wrong fluid instead the engine oil? I know someone that happened to, the front axle of her GMC Yukon seized up the day after she had the oil changed. The GMC dealer found evidence the drain and fill plugs were tampered with, no leak evidence.

nstar is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 99 Eldo ETC 04 SRX V8 AWD 13 XTS

Dry differential is owners problem these oil and fluid levels are maintenance item and should be checked every service . If you buy vehicle used the fluids should be checked first thing off the bat.If a diff is leaking it would be on ground where vehicle is parked so if empty with no signs of leak someone drained and didn't refill. If vehicle came from factory with no fluid it wouldn't take four to five years to break.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by adican View Post
    It looks that when run out of warranty, everything starts to collapse . After a visit to a dealer to fix that differential the rear wiper stopped working. Now when I press the defrost is lightning the light in the trunk!!! Went beck to dealer asked him maybe they mixed some connections they said no, impossible. New weird noise from front, have to change something, another 300 $... All of this after a repair done by dealer, "good wrench mechanics". All on my own expenses. I don't expect any of the Cadillac representatives here to answer this, they're busy to give advices for new buyers.
    Hello adican,

I understand how repairs outside of warranty parameters can be costly. I apologize for any vehicle concerns you have been experiencing. We are primarily set up to assist customers based in the United States. Have you been in contact with the Customer Assistance center in Canada yet? I recommend contacting them, as they are in the best position to further assist you with additional questions or concerns you have. GM of Canada Cadillac Customer Assistance can be reached via phone at 1-888-446-2000. I am also providing a link for you as well.

http://www.gm.ca/gm/english/corporat...actus/overview

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.