Maybe owner 2004 SRX
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Maybe owner 2004 SRX in Cadillac SRX Forums; Hello to all. I am looking at a 2004 SRX V8 99,100 miles very clean and very well taken care ...
    dieseldust is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 SRX

Maybe owner 2004 SRX

Hello to all.

I am looking at a 2004 SRX V8 99,100 miles very clean and very well taken care off , I am a little nervous about the Cadillac just as far as future cost off maintenance and repair so any advise will be well taken and appreciated , When I test drove the car I absolutely fell in love with the quality off a Cadillac I am a very big guy and so much room inside and comfort drives like a sports car but like sitting on a comfy couch .

Cheers
    James
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Professor Wizard is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 SRX-4 Sport / TriCoatWhite

Re: Maybe owner 2004 SRX

Pretty...

My 09 is the Pearl White.

Welcome to the Forums!

Thanks Professor,

I thought I would have got some more comments good or bad about the SRX

Professor Wizard is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 SRX-4 Sport / TriCoatWhite

haha... maybe we don't want to scare you away dieseldust!

Ok...

Common SRX Issues.

Sun Roof brackets broken, or jam... keep it lubed to avoid issues.

Water in Rear Storage - - Keep Top Door seals good, and Keep drain tubes open.

Bushings in front suspension, and rear axle, not uncommon to fail.

Oil usage in some SRX's is high.. no fix.

Vents on front dash are fragile - - easy to break, expensive to replace.

Premature Timing Chain Failure is common - - most instances this is covered under Warranty.

Headlamps are a total PITA to change - $250 or more at dealership to do... find DYI info in here.

Those are the things that stand out in my brain right now.

Thanks Professor,

I am big on maintenance cheap peace off mind, I will get some Lithium grease and spray a little on the rails once in a blue moon and thanks Professor,

Cheers
    James

Whiplash_89 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 SRX V8 AWD, 04 NSRT4

-Rear wiper nozzle doesn't spray the window
    - if it has MRC its a very expensive repair bill
    -lots of other little issues

Pretty much just search these forums, people come here looking to resolve issues with their car so you will find almost everything you need to know

mjcaddy is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 1SG STS4, 05 V6 SRX4 (retired 03 DeVille)

^^^ the oil usage is a V6 problem not a V8 but that doesn't mean N* dont do it too :P, older N* V8s are known for that but if i recall this correctly they fixed most of the issues with the LH2.
    more things that can be considered as common issues: transfer case (04-06) < usually a knocking sound with hard acceleration, about $500-$900 depends on what and where.
    other than what been listed here these are great cars

silversport is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): *2008 SRX4 V6**Gone-2000 Escalade**

fun to drive with a nice ride...good handling and brakes...roomy...luxurious...quick enough when you consider its size and weight...decent mileage too...a nice alternative to a full sized, truck based SUV...I really liked my Escalade but I really like and enjoy driving my SRX...I bet you will too...

Bill

guitarbob is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 SRX V-6 AWD Black Raven

I bought a 2004 SRX brand new back in '04 and still drive it everyday. Yeah, I've had a few minor problems here and there but I still like it a lot and can't find anything that I like better. I keep thinking I want something new; I've driven a 2013 SRX and a 2013 CTS Sport Wagon and while they are both really nice cars, when I get back in to mine it just seems to feel better, ride better and perform better. Maybe next year, when it is 10 years old, I'll trade it in. Or not....

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Hello dieseldust,

Welcome to the forums! The SRX you are looking at definitely looks very nice! Keep us updated if you plan on purchasing the vehicle!

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Quote Originally Posted by guitarbob View Post
    I bought a 2004 SRX brand new back in '04 and still drive it everyday. Yeah, I've had a few minor problems here and there but I still like it a lot and can't find anything that I like better. I keep thinking I want something new; I've driven a 2013 SRX and a 2013 CTS Sport Wagon and while they are both really nice cars, when I get back in to mine it just seems to feel better, ride better and perform better. Maybe next year, when it is 10 years old, I'll trade it in. Or not....
    Hello guitarbob,

I am glad you have had such a good experience with your SRX! If you would like any assistance locating a vehicle when you plan on purchasing a new vehicle, feel free to private message Laura or myself!

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

bendebusk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 SRX

Cadillac SRX Photo.jpg
    Beautiful car...love the color! Is that called white diamond?

Seems like most cars here in Italy are silver or some other sedate color. Our SRX is silver, but it still looks stunning (I think)!

Whiplash_89 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 SRX V8 AWD, 04 NSRT4

^Nice indeed.

Thanks for all the comments its mine in my driveway what a great car to drive it feels very European, it holds the road like its glued to it pretty snappy also for a crossover my friend a has a porshe cayenne and he is very impressed to the point where he thinks the SRX might just be faster than his Porsche ,

Cheers
    James

BEARBAIT1973 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 SRX V8 AWD

I also own a silver 2004 SRX AWD V-8 67k and love the car. Only major problems were leak in AC and transfer case chain.Had the AC done by shop but just did chain myself and all new brakes around. Did both for less than shop wanted just for chain repair. Also when I purchased new tires I went with all 4 tires at size of stock rear tires. This resulted in better traction,ability to rotate tires, and tires were about 1/2 price of 2 size Michelins. Dealers tell you you can't do this because they want to sell you the expensive tires but I researched it and there are no problem! After pricing new cars I decided to put some money into it and keep it for awhile because I am not into robbing banksLOL

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.