Cadillac Owners Forum banner
4K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  08SRX 
#1 ·
Thru a number of sources it seems the SRX will be the second vehicle to get the V-Series treatment. Im just pondering what that might be. The CTS is getting a LS1/LS6, but for a number of reasons i doubt we would see that put into the SRX-V, so could it be that the first specifically high performance application of the Northstar will be in an SUV. I dont know what do you guys think?

#4 ·
Wife nothing! I'm thinking ME. That thing's HOTTTT.
I've gotta drive one just to see if it's as nice as I think it's going to be. The one bad thing I've heard is the ride is supposed to be VERY hard.
I really think these cross-over vehicles are the next big thing. Having something that handles like a sports car, but has the space in it to haul your stuff is the hot ticket. I just wish it got a little better fuel mileage. 15/19 is worse than my Caddy!

#5 ·
i hate to sound like the marketing guys got to me, but id have to agree, the crossover does seem to be a pretty good idea. So far the FX45 is the best ive seen, the Cayenne is cool, but porsche dealers are notorious for taking 5 or more days to fix your car. I just read the srx write up in Car and driver and they liked it alot, so maybe that will be the next big thing I hope it will...damn its time for a bigger garage

#6 ·
I would expect to see blown northstars in the V series cars (other than the CTS) You will recall that the Evoq debuted with a blown northstar making about 400 hp. It seems like a reasonable way of doing it, and given the mass of the cars would be a lot better than a high revving naturally aspirated engine. A torquey, blown northstar in an awd SRX would be an awesome vehicle. I'd like to see north of 450 hp though. Any decent "performance" iteration of a car should have better than 10 lbs per hp.

Scott

#7 ·
Let's remember that XV12 got 100 bhp per litre normally aspirated...thus the NorthStars which are designed the same way are definitely capable of the same 100 bhp per litre. It wouldn't be too far-fetched to see 400 bhp normally aspirated NorthStars, especially with the new 4.2, and turbo models with far over 400 bhp. Time will tell...

#10 ·
sheesh, not here, in my town they give you what everyone else who gets service from that chain gets, a Hyundai Sonata... :(

Agreed on the FX45 btw, absolutely awesome concept and utility in a decent package. I am not a huge fan of the ovoid design all of the Infinitis are getting now (save for the M45, another powerhouse), and I think the interiors a tad plasticky around the console but still... 20 inch wheels and Horsepower Galore!! I still like the Porsche Cayenne and particularly the Touareg the best though. That Touareg's offroad abilities stunned even me and my die-hard Jeep Grand Cherokee brethren, and with a V8 its no slow poke itself. It may not be as fast as an FX, but it can certainly kick its butt on the real trails, which is cool for the few of us who want to take it out there. You pretty much get most of the techno doo-dads in the Range Rover, with better reliability, and an equally powerful if not more refined engine than the BMW powerplant in the Range.

#11 ·
Can't believe how many times I've made requests/searched for performance upgrades to my LH2. Just darn tired on not being able to out-accelerate Honda mini vans!!! Even tried to find out if the LC3 (4.4L) intake would fit on my 4.6L.. The answers just don't seem to be there. I've gotten the impression that those of us looking for performance are far and way in the minority and no one at GM (or in the aftermarket) cares!! Incidentally, I note that there are lots of requests for advice on used SRX's.. I bought mine used with 30,000 miles on it. At 46,000 miles the engine needed replacement and GM wouldn't cover warranty. Supposedly due to poor prior mtce. Had to sign a non-disclosure to even get the replacement engine install covered.. BOOO to GM. Been driving GM for over 50 years. Owned only 2 other brands -a '64 Ford Galaxy, and a '53 Studebaker. I'm now open minded to other brands and lookin seriously at the Jeep Grand Cherokee.....

G
#12 ·
Bout the only thing you can do is tune it and exhaust. Apart from that not much info or will to add performance to SRX . Better to have the 2 wheel drive version. Lot lighter and less problems to occur. Also get rid of the MIR and air suspension, just standard. If you get jeep get the one with the Hemi

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.