Moisture in my fog lights...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By 08SRX
  • 1 Post By Linkinyeah
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Moisture in my fog lights... in Cadillac SRX Forums; Any ideas how to remove the moisture? so, with a quick look at the light it almost looks like you ...
    amcon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 SRX, AWD V6. Esclade 2005 AWD NS

Moisture in my fog lights...

Any ideas how to remove the moisture?

so, with a quick look at the light it almost looks like you have to remove just about the entire bumper! and part of the wheel well! and the front tire on the same side as the fog light!!!

please tell me a different way... please...

other plan... remove the bulb, some how get a clothe or some sort of absorbent on there - however, this wouldn't solve the obvious problem - leak in some part of the fog-light seal.

any ideas?

its a 2008 - with 75k on it... would any warranty cover it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

repnatl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Bumpers comes off or peel forward the bumper with the headlights removed. Some on here go through bumper I believe.

Re: Moisture in my fog lights...

ouch... pain in the butt.... grrrr

08SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 SRX Sport Pkg

I have good news for you. There is no need to take off the bumper!!! Simply remove the wheel well liner and splash shield below the bumper and you have access to the fog lights. (note: headlamps are more involved!). Now for the moisture part. If you can determine how the moisture gets in, for instance, there is a crack in the housing somewhere, you may be able to fix it using some clear coat. Before you do this, park your SRX with the front facing the sun, as this will draw out moisture. If you cannot figure out how the moisture got in, drill two small holes in the bottom of the fog lamp unit to provide ventilation. This WILL resolve your problem.

so you mean instead of the bumper, remove the tire, then the inner wheel well cover thingy, that will get me to the fog light. and i though of the same thing about pulling the bulb and letting the moisture "naturally" evaporate.

08SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 SRX Sport Pkg

Quote Originally Posted by amcon View Post
    so you mean instead of the bumper, remove the tire, then the inner wheel well cover thingy, that will get me to the fog light. and i though of the same thing about pulling the bulb and letting the moisture "naturally" evaporate.
    That's correct. You don't even need to take off the tire. If you turn the wheel and remove the wheel lining you will be able to get at it.
    amcon likes this.

Linkinyeah is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac SRX ALL WD V8
    There is a YouTube video showing this. Just search for bulb replacement on Cadillac srx.
    amcon likes this.

nice thank you guys!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.